350 TBI Oil Recommendations?

after the nuclear apocalypse, mutant cockroaches will be driving around in TBI smallblocks and Jeep 4.0's ... using Supertech.

I think the straight 6 4.0 would run with watered down clay in the sump. if I could afford to build an apocalypse vehicle it would be a late 90's Cherokee 4x4

How many miles does it have? I put in the 5W-40 Euro this weekend and now she puffs oil on startup. I'm sure it's valve seals, but it didn't puff or burn any when I bought it. Of course, I have no idea what oil was in it. It did have a GM filter though. Wondering if the 5W is a little thin on startup for old valve seals. Does the Napa HM have seal conditioners that may help?
Just hit 225k this weekend but she's a fair weather garage queen nowadays. No noticable smoke or oil burning. I'm sure it has some kind of conditioners or something in it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230523_012056634.jpg
    PXL_20230523_012056634.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 2
How many miles does it have? I put in the 5W-40 Euro this weekend and now she puffs oil on startup. I'm sure it's valve seals, but it didn't puff or burn any when I bought it. Of course, I have no idea what oil was in it. It did have a GM filter though. Wondering if the 5W is a little thin on startup for old valve seals. Does the Napa HM have seal conditioners that may help?

Any/all HM oils have seal conditioners in them.

I personally run Castrol GTX HM 10w-40 in my 98 K1500. This oil fixed my rear main leak that was present with SuperTech HM 5w-30 and M1 5w-30 oils prior.

Reactions: wlk
Back