$35 off this Quinn Digital Torque wrench - your thoughts?

Decent enough alternative to the GearWrench ones for $150'ish. If I didn't already have my GW, I'd look at that for $129.

And no place to get it serviced.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION​

• When servicing your torque wrench, contact our certified vendor, Angle Repair & Calibration, 175 Angle Dr, Beckley, WV 25801. (304) 253-5729
But still, assuming it's Chinesium, I think I'd spend a little more and get a brand name if you're doing critical fasteners.

Yeah, I have 3/8 that goes down to 5ft, and 1/2 that is 10-100ft. But, I really need a digital one that does angle too, as half a stuff on BMW has 90 degrees after torquing.
ls it usually 90 degrees? Can't we just lay out 1/4 turn after torquing to specs?

If the application of torque was critical you’d have a sheet of paper and a 2nd person witness the procedure and sign off on the paper.

37 lb-ft + 120 degrees of rotation. I guarantee you when it comes time to do that, it's not going to be with a Harbor Freight wrench.

I’d buy a us made mechanical one instead. If I needed an angle meter, I’m sure there are other ways to do it.

I like it but the short warranty would make me think twice. They could at least give a one or two year warranty. Does the GW come with a better warranty?

Every piece of HF electronics I've purchased has failed. While this may be magically be better quality, I doubt it, my multimeter failed, my IR thermometer, my digital clamp AC current meter, and 100% of the 6", 12" calipers and more. Quite simply, I will never purchase another electronic component from them, EVER.

EDIT: I like quality beam type torque wrenches. They work every time. AND 50 years down the road, they still work fine, and can be calibrated to a high degree of accuracy. Plus it is easy to hold a torque for proper bolt stretch.

Last edited:
Those are interesting, I don't know about the quality.

I've been looking at Park Tool beam wrenches. Mid grade quality, good price. Generally for bicycles. and

s-l1600.png

Back