303 for door seals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use both 303 and Shin-Etsu. 303 is much easier but IMHO Shin-Etsu is the sheetzoo.

In many of the other forums, they suggest Shin-Etsu when you are having squeaks and such.
That is why I say it may be better. Don't truly know.

Last edited:
Sil-Glyde is recommended for this, and it is very effective. At the cost difference between it and 303 or shin-etsu, I favor it for this application.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
It works OK on door seals. I use Shin-Etsu grease which imo is much better.
Agreed. I bought some when I had my Honda S2000 and still use it on door seals when I buy a new car.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
How does Shin-Etsu silicone grease differ from 3m silicone brake grease I already have? Is it thinner?

It is really quite thick. It comes in a squeeze tube (toothpaste type). You don't have to use very much.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by PimTac
Gummi Pflege.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/1z-914805.html

+2, used it for the first time last year since the previous few winters the car doors sticking was getting worse. This worked like a charm and the bottle should last a long time. I treated all the door, trunk and hood seals with it.

+3 This stuff is great. A little goes a long way. Still on same bottle after doing 6 cars, ALL gaskets.

Especially sunroof in So Cal sun is important.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SavagePatch
303 makes a product specifically for this purpose. I use it on my travel trailer hatch/access doors in a hopes to keep their seals plaible and sealing water tight.

The bottle comes with a dabber sponge on the tip for easy application.

I started using the 303 rubber seal protectant on my cars, and I believe it really does work.

When I bought my SL550, there was a couple window and trunk gasket leaks. Whenever I washed the car at the car wash water would leak around the passenger window. I would also get a puddle of water in the trunk. So I bought a bottle of the 303 rubber seal protectant and applied it to all the door, window, and trunk gaskets. Within a couple weeks both leaks went away. No more water running down the passenger window. No more puddle of water in the trunk.

For best results, I do have to reapply every 3-4 months. So far I've done three applications and I would guess the bottle is still more than half full.

I've used Chemplex 710 also. Although it's not intended for gaskets, it does seem to protect them. but the excess has to be wiped off so you don't get it on your clothes.

My F150 suffered from squeaky door seals on the rear suicide doors (super cab). Tried many things including 303 and meg's M40. While they do prevent sticking and freezing in the winter they didn't help with my squeaky seals. Ended up using a silicone grease which has worked perfectly. I do reapply roughly yearly but have never had another peep.

Originally Posted by SavagePatch
303 makes a product specifically for this purpose. I use it on my travel trailer hatch/access doors in a hopes to keep their seals plaible and sealing water tight.

The bottle comes with a dabber sponge on the tip for easy application.

Ohh man that looks like something i'd be into, gonna try it and see if it holds up. Worried about anything I put on the seals getting rubbed off on cloths. I know 303 doesn't stain since I use it on my seats and once worked out its fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back