2GR-FE 3.5L V6 Mobil 1 oil analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't think assuming every engine will wear the same is a good idea. Anything is possible and if it can go wrong it likely will.
I don't have a horse in this race but this comment is like saying every 350 chev engine will wear similarly,when we know that just isn't the case.
Just my humble opinion.

I have had 3 of the 2GR-FE engines and run synthetic with a 5000 mile recommended OCI. Always great oil reports so I simply stopped doing them except one at 100k. They are real easy on oil and have a 6.5qt sump which is nice as well.

I think it is the best engine out there.

Originally Posted By: Doog
I have had 3 of the 2GR-FE engines and run synthetic with a 5000 mile recommended OCI. Always great oil reports so I simply stopped doing them except one at 100k. They are real easy on oil and have a 6.5qt sump which is nice as well.

I think it is the best engine out there.

It is absolutely the best engine for smoothness, fast acceleration, and fantastic fuel economy. I got 36 mpg first highway trip ... but kept it under 70 for break in .. 33mpg at 75-80 .. 26-28 mpg everyday in town.

ConsumerReports.org tests show better overall gas mileage and acceleration for this car than both Fusion I4's (including titanium turbo), Hyndai/Kia I4 turbos, chevy cruze I4, chevy Malibu I4 yada yada.

My 09 Camry V6 with 56K miles went 6300 miles on its last Mobil 1 oil change and the oil looked like it had barely run through the engine. The oil level never moved off the full marker even with a 2200 mile round trip from FL to KS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back