22 Mazda 3 2.5T HPL PCEO 5w-30 8,000 miles

I think the paper got lost in transit so some of the information on the report has not been entered. I sent them the complete information but it doesn't look like they added it to the report.

Mazda currently has ~11,000 miles. Factory fill was taken out at 2,000 miles. How far do you think I can run this oil? TBN still high.

CTamxca.jpg

You could run it significantly longer. The 2.5L is a nice low wearing engine and you have a very stout oil in the engine.

Surprised the oxidation reading isn't' a bit higher knowing this oil has esters/AN's. AN's won't show a spike though.

I’m only commenting because I really want a Mazda 2.5T, and it could happen. So it’s a serious question, not a criticism or remark.

would it be better to run some other good oil for the first change or two that you wouldn’t regret dumping @5-7k, and then go for that great oil, and run it longer than 8k? Of course HPL Dave will say: why wait?

by the way, regarding 15k, i would think fuel dilution, and resultant viscosity maybe the things to watch in gauging lifespan of this oil…Those, and maybe nitration. But that’s pure speculation, mixed with vicarious observation.

Either the lab is off, the oil was mixed with something else? or this blend is off. Virgin oxidation is also pretty low, not that it tells you much.

Isn't that what a person would normally get if going to a boutique oil? In a lot of ways that's what set them apart is that they can add more of this or that without spec constraints. But I agree something doesn't line up with their spec sheet if it's the correct one?. @High Performance Lubricants

The oil is doing good here & could be stretched out further but it's a good idea to run a few shorter intervals initially in the early stages. Your's appear to be doing fine though. 10k would be a good run & then once everything is broke-in more could stretch it out further.

Something seems off in that report. The Ca in your report seems uncharacteristically high; the Mg abnormally low. Also, the base number seems low for such a short run. Together these don't make sense to me. (note; your wear metals are fine) You might ask the lab to rerun the test, if they have the sample still.

For reference, my UOA with HPL PCEO showed around 1850 Ca and 1200 Mg, and the base number was around 10, after 10k miles of use. So from the average starting points (shown above) to where my engine ended after 10k miles, my report values depleted a bit; very much in line with typical expectations.

Something's not right with your report IMO.

You could run it significantly longer. The 2.5L is a nice low wearing engine and you have a very stout oil in the engine.

Surprised the oxidation reading isn't' a bit higher knowing this oil has esters/AN's. AN's won't show a spike though.
Even with a turbo engine and fuel dilution present?

Back