2023 Nissan Titan

Titan and Frontier have always been good trucks; the 2nd and 3rd gen Frontier are essentially little Titans.

I believe Nissan uses dual injection so you don't gunk up the intake valves.

Titan and Frontier have always been good trucks; the 2nd and 3rd gen Frontier are essentially little Titans.

I believe Nissan uses dual injection so you don't gunk up the intake valves.
Unfortunately both the new 5.6 and the new 3.8 are GDI only. The 3.8 hasn’t been around long enough to know. The 5.6 is showing carbon intake issues for some owners. I think Walnut Shell blasting will become as ubiquitous as ATF fluid change going forward, for just about every brand. It doesn’t look that complex and some guys are even gearing up and DIY.

My best friend has one. Bought new in 2018. About 45k miles on it with lots of towing and hauling and less than ideal maintenance. It has only required one repair which was a pinion seal and it was covered under warranty. It's been a very good truck. He bought it for about $34k before prices went berserk.
How does your best friend have a 2023 Titan if he bought it in 2018?

The Titan is pointless anyway, it may as well be dead. The Tundra is more reliable. The domestic offerings from Ford, GM, and Ram are worlds better overall, especially when it coems to fuel economy. They simply put far more R & D into their trucks alone than Nissan puts into their entire product lineup.

Nissan as a whole only sells vehicles because they are CHEAP. Nobody buys a Nissan because they want a Nissan. They buy a Nissan because if you sort by lowest price in any category, you find a Nissan! Honestly I'm irritated the company I work for is still buying Frontiers - they should be buying Mavericks.

We have a mixed fleet of Nissans and Fords across our 5K+ US locations. Nissan Frontier, Nissan Versa Note, Nissan Kicks, Nissan NV200, Ford Transit Connect, Ford Ranger. All the drivers hate the Nissans - they are just pure garbage. Fords aren't perfect, but I've asked our hub route drivers whether they prefer the NV200 or Transit Connects and every single one will tell you the Ford drives better, is more comfortable, and is less likely to leave you stranded. We had an NV200 lose its CVT in our parking lot last year.

And before you tell me how reliable Frontiers are - they are just as bad as the other Nissans - I've worked at four different stores and at each one we have at least one Frontier with a failed airbag clockspring - that means no horn!! Super irritating. And no matter hard I try, parts are not available! been out of stock/back ordered for YEARS! On what I would consider an important safety item. The fact we drive them like that is a different topic and honestly not something I appreciate, but I don't have the power to do anything about it at my level besides roll my eyes and avoid taking those defective vehicles on the rare occasion I drive a company car.

Back to the Titan - think about a big portion of the market for full-size trucks: high-end family vehicles. That is a very competitive market. Not only do boring things like reliability and fuel economy matter, as well as fun stuff like features and accessories - but even if we throw all that out, people spending $70K on a truck want something that people know cost money and even if the Titan was competitive in a single way (it's not) it could never compete with the "status symbol" of a top-trim F-150 or Sierra or whatever.

Let's look at another market that full-size trucks belong to - fleet and commercial duty. When was the last time you saw any big company with a Titan? LOL. Look at rental truck fleets, construction company fleets, city and county fleets, everywhere you look, you see Ford, GM, Ram. Never Nissan, despite Nissan being "cheap" because over the long term they simple are not competitive financially.

The only people buying Titans are the ones who can't afford any other full-size truck. End of story. All of six people on this planet will care that the Titan is discontinued. There are many people on here who say how great of a truck it is but very few of them actually own or have real world experience with half the vehicles they talk about.

Unfortunately for me, the GDI only kills it for me and we have a 14 Armada that has been rock solid reliable at 112K now, but it has the VK56DE engine in it with port injection. Super easy to service all of the fluid changes & plugs. SUVs with 4x4 Lo range are probably a thing of the past though.

Why would you post in a thread about Titans when you don't even own one ? See how that works ? (y)

Because the thread isn’t, “only post here if you own a 2023 Titan.” The thread is talking about 2023 Titans though, not 2018 ones. Your logic is fairly incorrect.

This thread is about 2023 Titans. Why would you post about your friends 2018 Titan that’s 5 years old at
This thread is about 2023 Titans. Why would you post about your friends 2018 Titan that’s 5 years old at this point.

This thread is about 2023 Titans. Why would you post about your friends 2018 Titan that’s 5 years old at this point.
It's effectively the same truck with pretty minimal changes since my buddy bought his. Someone considering a 2023 might have some interest in how these trucks hold up over time.

It's effectively the same truck with pretty minimal changes since my buddy bought his. Someone considering a 2023 might have some interest in how these trucks hold up over time.
Considering the discussion that’s taken place showing the Titan is for all intents and purposes dead, big meh on that front.

I own a Titan . At least I have some skin in the game , You ?
So now someone has to own something that’s what the thread is talking about to participate? You have an interesting perspective on message forums and how they work.

Keep trying though, you might find some logic eventually that will work. :ROFLMAO:

So now someone has to own something that’s what the thread is talking about to participate? You have an interesting perspective on message forums and how they work.

Keep trying though, you might find some logic eventually that will work. :ROFLMAO:
Ok , so tell us all about Titans . Any Titan , it doesn't matter . So far your " participation " consists of being argumentative . Share something constructive .

Ok , so tell us all about Titans . Any Titan , it doesn't matter . So far your " participation " consists of being argumentative . Share something constructive .
The Titan is the lowest selling mainstream half ton truck in America. As a result of that and being a Nissan, they are getting rid of it.

There ya go. :)

Eta: this is an online message forum, posts don’t always have to be “constructive.” They can be argumentative all they want.

Back