2023 Mazda 3 rental review - loved it.

This is mine. 2022 Mazda 3 Sport GT 6MT. Machine Grey Premium Metallic with Garnet Red interior. Purchased new Feb 2022. I like it. I wish it had more power.View attachment 175015View attachment 175017View attachment 175016
Beautiful spec! I was holding out for the same - Machine Gray over Red - but ending up buying Platinum Quartz over Black/Brown manual a couple of days ago and LOVE it.

Nice Tuxmats too; ordered mine the day I bought the car, they truly are the best all season mat solution.
IMG_3376.jpeg
IMG_3377.jpeg
IMG_3343.jpeg

I only test drove the Mazda 3 hatchback and as much as I wanted to love the car I couldn't get past how cramped the interior felt; a focus fiesta felt twice the size inside. Other than that, the interior is typical Mazda, which is great.
Tried to sell my Wife on a CX-30 instead of another Subaru . but even she felt claustrophobic in it. High door sills and small windows - felt like a submarine commander. Seemed nicely screwed together, though- but she pooh-pooh'd it before we took it for a spin.

I had a Flat Rock built '92 Mazda 626 Sedan. Pretty junky car with various major problems like peeling and blotchy and fading paint, rubber engine intake hose splitting in the winter (engine rocking) and then AT trans failure on a hill in the city.
Low engine power combined with a lot of racket. All this well under 40K miles. Also had a Japan built '96 Miata 1.8L that also was junky in its own way.

Since they got loose from Ford they appear to be doing much better.

Reactions: Pew
Tried to sell my Wife on a CX-30 instead of another Subaru . but even she felt claustrophobic in it. High door sills and small windows - felt like a submarine commander. Seemed nicely screwed together, though- but she pooh-pooh'd it before we took it for a spin.

I had a Flat Rock built '92 Mazda 626 Sedan. Pretty junky car with various major problems like peeling and blotchy and fading paint, rubber engine intake hose splitting in the winter (engine rocking) and then AT trans failure on a hill in the city.
Low engine power combined with a lot of racket. All this well under 40K miles. Also had a Japan built '96 Miata 1.8L that also was junky in its own way.

Since they got loose from Ford they appear to be doing much better.

Your wife's reaction was my same reaction with the CX-30. Loved it but the suspension was stiffer than I expected and the super high window sill didn't let me rest my elbow on it. I got a slightly used CX5 for the same price as a new CX30 but everytime I see one, I always wonder how I would have felt long-term with the CX30 as I feel kind of silly with having a CX5 without actually needing that space.

Beautiful spec! I was holding out for the same - Machine Gray over Red - but ending up buying Platinum Quartz over Black/Brown manual a couple of days ago and LOVE it.

Nice Tuxmats too; ordered mine the day I bought the car, they truly are the best all season mat solution. View attachment 184791View attachment 184792View attachment 184793
Looks great!

I would suggest getting the interior piano black trim on the console and doors wrapped in clear PPF. They scratch extremely easily and mine still looks new after 40,000km.

Looks great!

I would suggest getting the interior piano black trim on the console and doors wrapped in clear PPF. They scratch extremely easily and mine still looks new after 40,000km.
We think alike. I have an appointment next week for PPF on the front bumper and the piano black interior bits.

Your wife's reaction was my same reaction with the CX-30. Loved it but the suspension was stiffer than I expected and the super high window sill didn't let me rest my elbow on it. I got a slightly used CX5 for the same price as a new CX30 but everytime I see one, I always wonder how I would have felt long-term with the CX30 as I feel kind of silly with having a CX5 without actually needing that space.
I wouldn't feel silly, the CX-5 is just a better car all-around.

Back