2023 Mazda 3 rental review - loved it.

We rented a ‘23 Mazda 3 with 8700 miles today in San Diego. What a wonderful car! I don’t know much about Mazdas except their owners seem to love ‘em. It rode and drove better than any Corolla/Civic or other small car that I am familiar with.
Can any owners speak to reliability, issues, whatever about the Mazda 3?
I appreciate your thoughts.

I wish they made a Mazdaspeed version. I really like how it looks though. I just need a hot one to make me want to ditch a GTI for one.

As far as I know the only Mazda made in North America was the Mazda 6 when they were in partnership with Ford.

Mazda 3 turbo, it exists and loads of torque.
I looked it up and I can't figure out why they didn't market it better. It's more expensive than a GTI base for base though. No manual either, though it looks to be AWD. I assume their auto isn't a twin clutch?

We rented a ‘23 Mazda 3 with 8700 miles today in San Diego. What a wonderful car! I don’t know much about Mazdas except their owners seem to love ‘em. It rode and drove better than any Corolla/Civic or other small car that I am familiar with.
Can any owners speak to reliability, issues, whatever about the Mazda 3?
I appreciate your thoughts.

Very reliable car and nice interior.

Was your rental a sedan or hatchback ?

Seriously? Spain? I don't know if I have ever seen anything made in Spain before.
The Mazda 3 is made in Mexico, but the best battery I think I ever owned was a JCI walmart special that was made in Spain. Of course thats not saying much, I think I got 5 years.

turbo Mazda 3 sedans or hatchbacks are made in japan. i had a 2021 turbo sedan up until recently and it was made in japan. extremely reliable. i averaged 45 000 kilometers a year with it. and in extreme cold. only needed oil changes and regular maintenance. i drove it like i stole it and brakes were still very good at 80 000 kilometers. i only wished they had signature trim available for them and multilink rear suspension instead of torsion beam. still, Mazda managed to tune these torsion beam admirably. turbo Mazda 3 sedans are the definition of a true sleeper car in it's purest form. the only upgrade needed to make it a much better car are tires upgrade. as soon as i got mine, i put Michelin pilot sport on it.

Mazdas-the cars people love but nobody buys!
I know right!
Mazda wants to be the more premium mainstream brand. In their lower trim levels of their vehicles, they want to compete with all of the mainstream vehicles in segment. Those same vehicles in their highest trim levels(Mazda says) they want to compete with the more premium brands.

I know right!
Mazda wants to be the more premium mainstream brand. In their lower trim levels of their vehicles, they want to compete with all of the mainstream vehicles in segment. Those same vehicles in their highest trim levels(Mazda says) they want to compete with the more premium brands.
This company has had a screwed up marketing department for years. They can't seem to come up with a clear message that resonates with buyers-period!

Back