2022 Ram 1500 Etorque ….intermittent problems with battery light

2022 Ram 1500 ETorque with 28900 miles. I have owned the car for 1 year and 3 months. Yesterday while leaving my neighborhood the truck died twice while driving slow. Each time after restarting the battery light would come on while idling or coasting. Battery light would go off during acceleration. I parked the truck for about 24 hours. Started today and drove around town and to/from work. Battery light didn’t come on today. Onboard voltage meter today while driving around town showed range of 13.1 to 13.5. Stopped at auto parts store to have them check the battery. Battery check says OK. I am stumped…..Any advice or suggestions?

Temps here in West Texas for the last week have been 105 to 115. Could the heat be causing problems?

I don’t know much about voltage so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Heat is definitely an issue as it is what kills a battery or shortens its life. Here in the NE you find out what the summer did to your battery in the winter when the car won't start.

The car is likely not fully charging the battery because of the outside temp so it's doesn't cause damage by over charging. My truck will keep the voltage at 12.8-13 in the summer unless the lights are on.

It may have stored codes that only a dealer can read since it's a mild hybrid. Taking there and asking them about it wouldn't be the worst idea.

Heat is definitely an issue as it is what kills a battery or shortens its life. Here in the NE you find out what the summer did to your battery in the winter when the car won't start.

The car is likely not fully charging the battery because of the outside temp so it's doesn't cause damage by over charging. My truck will keep the voltage at 12.8-13 in the summer unless the lights are on.

It may have stored codes that only a dealer can read since it's a mild hybrid. Taking there and asking them about it wouldn't be the worst idea.
Called the dealer….2-4 weeks before they can get me in.

Back