2021 Toyota Sienna Redesign

The Pacifica AWD hybrid is also a CVT which is too bad. I think the FWD still uses the 62TE 6 speed auto.
Not sure what you’re concerned is. The CVT found in Pacifica Hybrid and Sienna Hybrid is a very simple planetary gear set connected to electric motors, which are extremely reliable. This setup has nothing in common with the belt type CVTs.

Not sure what you’re concerned is. The CVT found in Pacifica Hybrid and Sienna Hybrid is a very simple planetary gear set connected to electric motors, which are extremely reliable. This setup has nothing in common with the belt type CVTs.
Interesting. I have never driven this type of setup, only the belt style. I will wait a couple years and see if they hold up well and then check the driving dynamics. I absolutely hate the way CVT's feel when driven. The rubber band feel and the buzz drives me to distraction. To be fair I have only driven a couple different CVT's. Nissan, Honda, Chevrolet. Perhaps other manufacturers build CVT's that won't make me unhappy?

Back