2019 RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Danno
Another POV, Alex on autos does a great job on new car reviews.
Short form, he really, really likes it.
I see the take on the Hybrid to be closer to 50% given the small price premium for that option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjEADkt3_c

I hope my rav4 lasts until the hybrids come out. My wife is going to love it.

Stellar 10x better than Subaru. I had a 2013 the awd was unstoppable got through 8+ inches of snow on all season radials.

Originally Posted by buster
Does anyone know how their AWD/4WD systems work?
The Hybrid uses an electric motor to drive the rear wheels. This is great since it eliminates the driveshaft. Torque to the rear is commanded precisely, and it can run the rear motor as a generator to soak up braking energy (regen).

I'm impressed with the 39 EPA combined MPG. That is nearly as good as my Ford C-Max Hybrid 2WD. The RAV4 Hyb is bigger by a bit, and the AWD is nice, all with 39 MPG.
Puttin' around town pickin' up kids, groceries, etc., the main job of this RAV4 Hyb, it will get probably 43 MPG easily, as hybrids just do great in stop-n-go (My C-Max gets 50 MPG in stop-n-go.) Compare that to a Ford Escape gasoline model that would get 24 MPG puttin' around town, and you see the gasoline savings.

I agree, this is going to be a huge hit for Toyota and the timing is right. The RAV4 is their best selling vehicle b

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Leo99
Wife is disappointed in the colors.

Well that settles that then. Now what?

Lunar rock is a possibility but she'll have to see them in person. She wanted the black cherry but don't see that available.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Originally Posted by Leo99
Wife is disappointed in the colors.

Well that settles that then. Now what?

Lunar rock is a possibility but she'll have to see them in person. She wanted the black cherry but don't see that available.

Originally Posted by The Critic
... and best of all, still using a NiMH battery. ...

Have the Lithium Ion batteries Toyota recently introduced fared poorly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back