2021 Ford Ranger Warranty Work.. Again.

Maybe you can bring the defective horn and they can give you the warranty replacement and you can change it yourself?
That's the opposite if that Ford commercial where the dealer shows up at the house to take their car for service. It would be funny if the commercial just had the guy drop off oil and a filter then leave.

Would a rental car for 2 days to get to work be less expensive than missing work? Sucks but sometimes you just make the best of it.

Hard to imagine 3 hours to replace a horn (where did they put it??) . I'd give it a hard look to replace myself and if that looks impossible maybe be glad it happened under warranty. Sorry for you problems, you buy new hoping to avoid stuff like this.
I was going to replace my Mercedes horn with a train horn until I found out the front end had to come off. You would think on a truck it wouldn't be so buried.

Maybe you can bring the defective horn and they can give you the warranty replacement and you can change it yourself?
That seems unlikely. My Alero is recalled for an alteration of the key. I said I was fine just bringing them the key and the recall card, but the dealer isn't interested because the dealer is fishing for other work.

Ford didn't mention a caveat for warrantied parts.
I wasn't able to find the US version, but it is my understanding that it works in the same way.

"For a service part and accessory replacement or repair under warranty, the part or accessory receives thebalance of the original part or accessory warranty and does not start over"

This is a fairly standard industry practice.

My above XLT is going back to the dealer. This time at 34,980 miles my horn gave out. It squeaks and sounds high pitched, but with a very low sound produced. I figure since it’s going in I’ll also tell them to please replace the fake leather material that surrounds my e-brake. That is shredding due to the poor quality Ford puts in their material.

Does anyone know if Ford extends (or renews) the warranty on the horn since it’s being replaced just prior to the 36,000 mile warranty? It already has gone through 1 fuel pump as well.

*Sigh…
Dealer work is usually 12 mo/ 12k miles on stuff like that.

Rental puts me out $250 or $400 if I want a small truck like mine. I would just replace the parts myself in that case.
Would a rental car for 2 days to get to work be less expensive than missing work? Sucks but sometimes you just make the best of it.

Hard to imagine 3 hours to replace a horn (where did they put it??) . I'd give it a hard look to replace myself and if that looks impossible maybe be glad it happened under warranty. Sorry for you problems, you buy new hoping to avoid stuff like this.

Unfortunately it’s not just that. I can’t drop it off and they have never provided me a loaner as they don’t have but a few available “due to the vehicle shortage.” The repair for this includes approximately 3 hours of work for the horn according to them and then another hour for the fake leather. Since it’s “more than 4 hours” of work, they are keeping it 2 days. That’s 2 days of not being able to work because of Ford’s poor quality. Yet again..

It went in 3 times for the fuel pump until they fixed that and now this. For a $42,000 vehicle, this shouldn’t be acceptable! Especially with it only having been on the road since 1/2022 and 35,000 miles.
That's the way it is with many major brands.

Its not OK, but it is reality.

I have a Jeep Cherokee bought on trade, knowing it had a back ordered part due in July '23. Latest update from my Parts Dept is January 2024. With the automakers strike involving parts distribution, it may get pushed even further back.
My input, expect a vehicle to need warranty repairs, expect it to be down multiple days. Buying a manufacturer warranty may get you a rental while your car is down.

Pick your poison.

Car industry is a mess right now.

Love it when I know the policy 👍
They had to clarify it a couple years ago again with batteries replaced under the NVLW. You don't get the, at the time, 3yr full 10mo prorate, warranty on those batteries. The labels were changed to have the warranty info be on a pull-off label over another label saying to refer to the warranty manual for coverage. Lots of angry people, but this is Ford's playground and we are just tossing their sand around.

Rental puts me out $250 or $400 if I want a small truck like mine. I would just replace the parts myself in that case.
Why would you have to rent a truck? Turo has cars for rent for cheap.

Or just get a Uhaul pickup for $19.95 a day plus 69 cents a mile.

That's the way it is with many major brands.

Its not OK, but it is reality.

I have a Jeep Cherokee bought on trade, knowing it had a back ordered part due in July '23. Latest update from my Parts Dept is January 2024. With the automakers strike involving parts distribution, it may get pushed even further back.
My input, expect a vehicle to need warranty repairs, expect it to be down multiple days. Buying a manufacturer warranty may get you a rental while your car is down.

Pick your poison.

Car industry is a mess right now.
Spot on. It sure is

Back