2020 Camaro LT1 V8, Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i might be in trouble, i found out GM has a more basic V8 trim coming in at 34,990. Not only that, but GM corporate has put 12% rebate on the whole line up this month. Some dealers are letting these go for 29k. Temptation levels are high at this price point. It has some nice reasonable street tires 245/40/20 on square wheels. A bargain to buy and operate at least for this kind of power.

Would you buy one? If so, would you got 10 speed auto or tremec 6 speed? i'm thinking i'd go stick but that 10 speed is formidable(and faster) and lets you get Remote Start.

[Linked Image]

$38145 total MSRP with the Recaro seats, upgraded radio with NAV, $200 wheel option, all in a conservative white color. Also acceptable, the green one.

If something happened to my Golf, and i HAD to replace it, i'd be placing an order!

2020 LT1.jpg

If you like shifting manually, I think you'll have more fun with the manual trans. Paddle shifting a slushbox isn't all that fun.

I'd definitely test drive both trans versions to help decide.

From what I've read, the only real downside to the Camaro is horrible visibility. Otherwise, it seems to check off a lot of boxes at a bargain price. If I didn't need to deal with child seat, I would have seriously considered the Camaro instead of the Charger.

$29K would be a steal esp with Recaros, nav, upgraded wheels, and V8. Personally I'd go with an auto since I don't want to be shifting in traffic. Prob not the best DD with the limited visibility and not too good in bad weather.

I'd also have to check out the Challenger and Mustang prices along with test drives.

Visibility would be not great, but with proper mirror setup its not that bad. Back seat is a joke, but kids are hauled in the Tourx. Cargo capacity would go from 66 cubic feet in my GSW down to 9 cubic feet in the Camaro. But it has a 455hp 6.2L V8.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
$29K would be a steal esp with Recaros, nav, upgraded wheels, and V8. Personally I'd go with an auto since I don't want to be shifting in traffic. Prob not the best DD with the limited visibility and not too good in bad weather.

I imagine my spec would cost about 32k, the total base model manuals are the ones being offered for high 28 to low 29k ranges.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I can buy 2 Camry's for that price and each will be on the road years longer than that Camaro.

I'd rather buy 10 ford crown victorias....

Last edited:
I can buy 2 Camry's for that price and each will be on the road years longer than that Camaro.

You couldn't pay me to drive a boring soul-less Camry for that long. No thanks you can keep your Toyota.

Nonsense. You can't even buy 2 new 2020 Corollas for that price and you can barely buy 2 new base model 2020 Yaris' for that price.

lol.gif
We have reached peak BITOG.

OP, that Camaro looks awesome for the price. I'd choose the auto, myself.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I've never warmed to the styling of this Camaro, still has a cartoon character look - and the interior is claustrophobic to me - from sitting in one at Toronto Auto Show a few years ago - I think this is due to the really high belt line.

Originally Posted by RamFan

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

If I could "love" a post on this forum, I would give it to you.

I like it, especially in white!

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
My vote is for manual, all day every day. If the quickest shifting possible is the goal, then just buy an EV since those blow automatics away.

This is true, EVs are very quick. My opinion is that they will get a lot better in about 5-7 years from present day. So i don't want to jump into an EV yet. I know i would enjoy the manual the most, but the auto is also fun and would be better resale if the day comes where i go EV.

I'd go white or silver with this. I'm assuming comparably equipped the manual and auto are the same price. If I would save $1k or more by going manual then by all means a manual would be my pick most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back