2019 Ram 1500 Classic 3 year update

I’m on a roll, haven’t bought a vehicle in 3 years 😜

Almost at 38,000 miles now, bought new in April of 2020. Just been a darn good truck.

The only problem(s) it has had was something internal to the fuel tank failed that made refueling it an incredibly long and tedious process around 24,000 miles. Warranty covered a new fuel tank and it’s been good so far. It also thinks the gas cap is loose and has a CEL for a small evap leak/“mortar incoming” light that I neglected to have checked (no time, perks of working the combined of 2nd and 3rd shift) before the warranty ran out… there’s a $40 evap part that might be the culprit that I’ll eventually get around to changing. If that doesn’t fix it, it’s living the rest of its life with that code.

No squeaks, no rattles, gets decent fuel economy, sounds good with the flowmaster super 40 and factory resonator because before it sounded like an asthmatic breathing through a straw. Just love this truck.

I believe I had a similar if not the same 2019 classic. Mine was a crew cab, short bed, 4x4, hemi, SLT ex-rental . I owned it from 15k to 65k miles. Nothing but tires, brakes and regular maintenance.

I have to chime in, I am very happy with my 2016 RAM. It's a fully loaded Limited and is right at 128k miles. Only issue I had was an exhaust manifold leak which warranty repaired and that is common on the 5.7's. Other that that no troubles - even the air ride suspension and 4WD still work as intended. Love the truck. I run 5w/30 synthetic and change it based on the oil life monitor which usually takes me between 7-10k miles

Thanks for sharing, sounds like it's been good to you. I share a similar sentiment

I've owned two of them a 2016 sport with the hemi and a 2019 classic 4x4 with the V6. The 16 was great had no issues at all other than a parking sensor fall out, easy fix. The 2019 had a few little annoying quality issues such as a vibration at highway speeds that could not be solved, and a rattle in the dash as well as a rattle on the parking brake release. Nothing too major though, they are great trucks 👍

And you're right on the exhaust note, on my hemi I kept the resonators and put in a spin tech muffler. I remember on one occasion a guy saying he liked it so much that he was going to change out the muffler on his to a spintech, can't remember which Brand he had before but funny story anyway

Back