2019 GMC Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have a time-out? I had push-button in my Dodge Journey and it would time out after 10 minutes if I shut the car off and left it in accessory mode. If I opened the door it would leave it in accessory mode but shorten it to 90 seconds I think it was.

Last edited:
New-ish vehicles these days all have automatic shutdown of accessories & parasitic drains like leaving dome lights, parking lights, headlights on accidentally. From what I've seen anyway.
I have the '18 cousin to the Terrain (Chevy Equinox), and I believe it all shuts down after some time, to protect against battery drain.

There is a modern solution to protecting yourself from being stranded with a dead battery.
https://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-18000mAh-Portable-Starter-Charging/dp/B01D42TYFC is one example of the small, hand-held devices that pack a starting punch.
Only problem with those is that you have to remember to keep them topped off, like remembering to recharge them once every 3 months, and then keep them inside your car to be ready if you're away from home. All that requires too much planning & strategy for most busy people.

[Linked Image]

I haven't seen this car yet. I'm in NY, mom and car are in Florida. Not sure exactly what the car has or doesn't have. My "old" 09 Suburban shuts the interior lights off after a time if you leave them on. Good thing because my wife does that CONSTANTLY. I'm sure the new Terrain has that feature.

We all have Weego jump packs. Love em. Sent one to Mom after the first incident.

Last edited:
We had a fleet Silverado that did all kinds of weird stuff until one day we replaced the battery.

Modern vehicles can be very sensitive to battery issues. And we all know that many times batteries do not fail "cleanly", they sometimes behave erratically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back