2018 Subaru WRX - Oil

Originally Posted by bluesubie
Originally Posted by jimmyturner
I should have did more reading on my car specifically, it seems that mobil 1 is one of the "worst" oils for the fa20 engines, or subaru engines in general.

Mobil 1 EP is great oil, as i use it in my other car. But on subaru, not so much.

Sorry but that's complete nonsense. M1 got a bad rap in the Subaru community from knuckleheads having issues modifying their cars to 400 hp and continuing to use the oil viscosity recommended in the owner's manual. Just because the oil is noisy doesn't mean that there is an issue with your engine.

There are a lot of EJ's out there with good results on M1 0W-40 and lots of FA20DIT's with good results on M1 5W-30 ESP. Here's a FA20DIT thread with some M1 uoa's.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2657990

You're right, i know M1 is a good oil. I was just saying it's not a crowd favorite on the subaru forum. I think i saw you in that thread too. So you definitely are knowledgeable on the subject. My only concern was that all of the M1 users, they're using ESP or german 0w40 and i wasn't. I was using 5w30 EP. Had it being ESP in my engine, i wouldn't even care. But since we're all locked up at home, all you can do is look for stuff to read, and that was one of the things i was reading.

I guess too late now, i already got rid of it this morning. PUP is already in the engine.

Back