Status
Not open for further replies.
The rear screams Hyundai to me! The sensei has become the student
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: redhat
Looks like a C Class.

Their 2 liter engine actually puts out more power than the Mercedes E-300, seems that with the tougher CAFE standards, lots of automakers are moving away from V6 and just doing 4 cylinders. MB's 2 liter engine only does 241 hp instead of Accord's 252 hp.

252 HP on an accord is very impressive!

I remember ogling Honda's 240hp Accord 3 liter V6 that ran on regular unleaded. Nowadays I run my beater 3.2TL Type S 260hp motor on unleaded
lol.gif

Far from the ugliest car out there, but the powertrain choices are terrible. Which is more durable, a CVT or a 10 speed automatic? And Honda GTDI engines are far from proven and are fuel diluting like mad. I'm a Honda fan, but I hate the direction they're going.

21 ft lbs more torque in the 2.0t than the outgoing V6 and you get max torque between 1500 and 4000 rpm. It'll probably be more than plenty power in regular driving and it'll probably feel quicker. And it's still available with a manual!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
If VW does one thing right, they use conservative styling on some models. It'd be nice if the Accord looked like this 2018 Jetta:

I'll agree with you. There is something I like about the VW Passat/Jettas. Clean and smooth lines that look professional. Still not sure I would buy one though.

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
It's ok...not great, but not bad - better looking than the Camry IMHO.
Looks more Audi A7ish to me.

That is what I thought too......I just wish it was a hatchback with this shape.

If VW does one thing right, they use conservative styling on some models. It'd be nice if the Accord looked like this 2018 Jetta:

That's a very nice looking car imo. But if it were a Camry most here would call it "boring".

I like the look better than the last generation, and the engine and drivetrain choices although far from the proven and stable ones of say 10 years ago, are likely to be fine-even if it takes a year or two to work out all the kinks.. Even Honda isn't perfect all the time, but their record is better than most. They, as most others do, realize that they can't keep the status quo forever and have to change, innovate or get out of the way.

I think it looks OK. Sort of like an Avalon? The headlights, taillights and grills are getting so gawdy. That started with knobby lights on toyotas and too much chrome on acuras.

I find v6 midsize sedans pretty idiotic if its not a full size giant on wheels, and my 2.0t Saab was an optimum driving car, so if they get the turbo right, it could be decent.

I prefer the styling of my 2015 to the refresh or this one though.

*snip*

I definitely agree there, and heck that's a GLI pictured, the SE and SEL versions are more subtle than that. The interiors are still relatively simple as well. I'm starting to see a whole lot more Jetta's and Passat's around now.

I like the design of the 2018 Accord, improvement over the previous generation.

The 2018 Camry on the other hand is hideous with its weirdly shaped gaping hour glass front end. Same goes for the rest of their lineup. Have you seen the new Prius? What in the He double hockey sticks, who signed off on that design?!

VW still has my favorite designs. Not too wild and nice lines, I think their look will age better than the Honda and Toyota's. The New Chevy's and Ford's look pretty nice too.

I think this is a better looking car than the previous two generations, but I'll have to see one on the road to really know.
The loss of the V-6 is no biggie and I expect a new design V-6 with chain driven DOHCs in the near future, since the V-6 remains the prime mover for the Pilot and Ody as well as various Acura models and is an aging design.
I expect this postulated new V-6 to show to in the Accord at some point.
To those posters who want a V-6 current gen Accord, they're widely available and there never has been much air between the four cylinder and the V-6 at actual OTD prices. Many prefer the economy of the four as well as the freedom from the inevitable and expensive t-belt service.

Originally Posted By: Huie83

The 2018 Camry on the other hand is hideous with its weirdly shaped gaping hour glass front end. Same goes for the rest of their lineup. Have you seen the new Prius? What in the He double hockey sticks, who signed off on that design?!

VW still has my favorite designs. Not too wild and nice lines, I think their look will age better than the Honda and Toyota's. The New Chevy's and Ford's look pretty nice too.

That Camry styling is to attract people that can't afford a Lexus.

I agree the new Camry styling is terrible.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Huie83

That Camry styling is to attract people that can't afford a Lexus.

I agree the new Camry styling is terrible.

Most of the Lexus cars aren't things of great beauty, so you may have a point.

The V6 having a timing belt was a deal breaker for me when I bought mine. It had to be the 4cyl only since it's chain driven.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The V6 having a timing belt was a deal breaker for me when I bought mine. It had to be the 4cyl only since it's chain driven.

that, and getting to the back of the V6 where you have to pull the intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back