2017 2.3 EB Explorer 3,600 mile trip, 11 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sayjac

I may not agree with or even like the vehicle choice a member makes, but I wouldn't rain on anyone's parade so to speak. If I can't say something nice about it, rather say nothing at all.

As long as you present some evidence or data of any kind to support your position, any disagreement is welcome.
Not sure where all this shyness is coming from when honesty is whats needed. All viewpoints welcome.

What a moronic post.
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
The Mazda CX-9 is ranked first in this class. Ford Explorer comes in way down at #7. For anybody consider buying one, you could do better. Pretty much any major reviewing organization you pick ranks it low.

As long as you present some evidence or data of any kind to support your position, any disagreement is welcome.
Not sure where all this shyness is coming from when honesty is whats needed. All viewpoints welcome.

No shyness, you are simply running off your mouth without any facts, evidence or data, which you claim supports your view.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

No shyness, you are simply running off your mouth without any facts, evidence or data, which you claim supports your view.
The full weight of many expert reviews is evidence of a potential problem. Its that simple. Sure the vehicle has good attributes as I clearly pointed out above. Read again:
The Mazda CX-9 is ranked first in this class. Ford Explorer comes in way down at #7. For anybody consider buying one, you could do better. Pretty much any major reviewing organization you pick ranks it low.

Just a statement of fact. Get less emo.

I want to thank all you who responded, even you oil film
grin.gif
. I've been a member of Bitog since 2002 and really enjoy everybody's posts. This is a great and informative site. I grew up driving "old" vehicles and resisted change but I really have to say that this 2017 2.3 EB Explorer is a real nice vehicle to drive. There sure is a heck of a lot of them on the roads. Oil film, please give me the links that support your statement about the new Explorer being so poor compared to the Mazda. The few Mazda's I see are really rusted and not old at all here in the NE part of the country.

Whimsey

I like the looks of the Explorer over the Mazda CX-9 any day. The Explorer looks good while the Mazda is ugly. Just about all the other Mazda models look good, the CX-9 isn't one of them.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
I want to thank all you who responded, even you oil film
grin.gif
. I've been a member of Bitog since 2002 and really enjoy everybody's posts. This is a great and informative site. I grew up driving "old" vehicles and resisted change but I really have to say that this 2017 2.3 EB Explorer is a real nice vehicle to drive. There sure is a heck of a lot of them on the roads. Oil film, please give me the links that support your statement about the new Explorer being so poor compared to the Mazda. The few Mazda's I see are really rusted and not old at all here in the NE part of the country.

Whimsey

How's the acceleration when you try to merge with traffic? These seem like a really good bargain for a family hauler.

The only thing I didn't like spec wise, was the tow capacity being so low at 3000 pounds. You would think it would be close to or match the N/A 3.5 rating at 5000 pounds given it has a huge torque advantage.

If you plan to tow with them - think the 3.5L ecoboost is the way to go ...
One of my staff has two new Fords - and just made a choice between his V8 F150 (had been towing with it) and his wife's 3.5L ecoboost Expedition towing 6500# in the hills. He said she laughed along with his joy ...
Seems to me the 5000# is everything but the motor - and Explorer should stick to boats etc IMO ...

Originally Posted By: A_A_G

How's the acceleration when you try to merge with traffic? These seem like a really good bargain for a family hauler.

The only thing I didn't like spec wise, was the tow capacity being so low at 3000 pounds. You would think it would be close to or match the N/A 3.5 rating at 5000 pounds given it has a huge torque advantage.

With 2 adults and over 300 lbs of luggage there was no problem in acceleration. I was up to 80 mph before I realized it. She cruised at 80-85 mph without any effort. The only times I needed to get into the turbo was to avoid the idiots in the left lane holding up traffic. This Explorer is a real nice long distance cruiser. I don't tow so the lack of towing ability does not bother me. If you need to tow then you need either of the 3.5L engines.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back