2016 Volvo V60CC 95K/5.3K Castrol EP 5w30

Has the 2.5L 5cyl. The turbo has been a bit whiny lately 😬. Let's see what the next one brings. Will probably send to 2 labs as well.

1698269539826.jpg

Nothing to be worried about. Your report looks great! Some virgin oil samples have 4 ppm of aluminum so I wouldn't worry about 8 ppm.
How long your turbo has been whiny?

Nothing to be worried about. Your report looks great! Some virgin oil samples have 4 ppm of aluminum so I wouldn't worry about 8 ppm.
How long your turbo has been whiny?
Good point, just looked through some VOAs and didn't find EP but other Castrol 5-30s had 2 ppm. It's seemed whiny since April. I say seemed because nothing scientific about it. Could just be me finally noticing a normal sound.

You thinking the turbo is causing the spike in Al? Everything else looks real good for the run.
Yes, but not based on much except my perceived noise.
Barely any aluminum. You could try 0/5w-40 if you want.
👍 Plan was to move to 0w-40 when my stash of 0w-30 is done.

Thanks all!

Good point, just looked through some VOAs and didn't find EP but other Castrol 5-30s had 2 ppm. It's seemed whiny since April. I say seemed because nothing scientific about it. Could just be me finally noticing a normal sound.

Yes, but not based on much except my perceived noise.

👍 Plan was to move to 0w-40 when my stash of 0w-30 is done.

Thanks all!
My wife's ecoboost turbo had a little whine as well. BG EPR flush took care of that issue as it cleans the turbo as well.

Back