2016 MB E350, Mobil 1 0W40, 18,092 miles

Oil was in use for 11 months. Mostly highway miles. OEM interval is 1/10K.

Polaris ran this sample twice due to my concerns about the additive levels. However, the CA, P and Z levels remain unusually high for M1 0W40; not sure what's going on.

I personally installed this oil and took the sample. The owner did not top off the oil during this interval. The car was at the dealer for an unrelated electrical repair and they did not perform any mechanical work.

MB.png

Edit - looks like the M1 0W40 add pack has varied depending on the batch?

This VOA from 2020 shows 3437ppm:

This UOA from 2022 shows 3771ppm:

Last edited:
Ca and Zinc are a tad high, otherwise looks great. Oil still had life left. 20k was doable here.

Last edited:
This 18k interval looks perfect here! But 9k would put them exactly at 2 times per year change. These are great results. This MB & this oil is a perfect match!

Oil was in use for 11 months. Mostly highway miles. OEM interval is 1/10K.

Polaris ran this sample twice due to my concerns about the additive levels. However, the CA, P and Z levels remain unusually high for M1 0W40; not sure what's going on.

I personally installed this oil and took the sample. The owner did not top off the oil during this interval. The car was at the dealer for an unrelated electrical repair and they did not perform any mechanical work.

View attachment 162740

Edit - looks like the M1 0W40 add pack has varied depending on the batch?

This VOA from 2020 shows 3437ppm:

This UOA from 2022 shows 3771ppm:
Looks like the oil held up fine.

My wife had a 2006 E350 4MATIC I ran exclusively on M1 0W-40 up to around 130,000 miles before selling it. Changed oil myself ever 10K. No issues apart from some electricals and the dreaded known camshaft misalignment failure that was resolved under warranty after a class action lawsuit. Was a comfortable and classy ride. Replaced with a C300 4MATIC SUV. Less comfort and rough riding on imperfect roads when NOT loaded. Blaming the Pirelli run-flats. Looking forward to their replacement but anticipate at least another 20K on them before done.

Ca and Zinc are a tad high, otherwise looks great. Oil still had life left. 20k was doable here.

Well, a DI motor by Mercedes and the oil is fine after 18k miles!

@The Critic, you say your client does mostly highway miles? Do you reset his trip odometer at an oil change to see his actual average speed by the oil change time? My wife has the same car (2016 too) and although her commute feels like “mostly freeway”, in actuality her average speed by the oil change is a mere 28 mph, time after time

Well, a DI motor by Mercedes and the oil is fine after 18k miles!

@The Critic, you say your client does mostly highway miles? Do you reset his trip odometer at an oil change to see his actual average speed by the oil change time? My wife has the same car (2016 too) and although her commute feels like “mostly freeway”, in actuality her average speed by the oil change is a mere 28 mph, time after time
It's about the same. Lots of traffic on the highway here.

Back