2016 Avalon 10,000 miles Mobil1 EP 0W20

It definitely was a little bit nerve racking for me; first off the peer pressure alone was tough (I work with guys that dump their oil at 3,000 miles using synthetic), then there was my own philosophies (typically 5,000 miles and then dump it), then there was the oil and filter (which I’ve never used before), and lastly there was a thought process of that I was going to bump my viscosity up to 5W30 when the vehicle hit 100,000 miles...and I’m still tossing around that idea. But it’ll have to wait - I have the Mobil1 EP 0W20 in it again and will most likely take it 10,000 more again.

So a lot of against the norm type stuff for me.

I see by your Avatar that you might be a NH guy, which would mean we lI’ve and drive on the same salt filled roads. Haha. We have some tough winters that most wouldn’t understand.
Understand. I gotta fight to get to a 5,000 oci. If you want to try "thicker"; Try PUP 0-20. I'm running it now, It feels "thicker" than the EP in my 2.5 Camry. Dunno re longevity, but, no need to go thicker in viscosity than the PUP 0-20 for me. Check it out.

Understand. I gotta fight to get to a 5,000 oci. If you want to try "thicker"; Try PUP 0-20. I'm running it now, It feels "thicker" than the EP in my 2.5 Camry. Dunno re longevity, but, no need to go thicker in viscosity than the PUP 0-20 for me. Check it out.
I’ve always wanted to give the PUP a try...can’t get it locally where I am, but easy to find and half decent prices on Amazon (plus their rebate through Pennzoil).

Honestly, I don’t know if I’m going to be in a big rush for a 5w30 right now...after looking at my wear metals in this report it seems as if the engine doesn’t mind what the manufacturer recommends (0W20). Plus I just did an oil change using the Mobil1EP 0W20 - and plan on running another 10,000 mile interval (if my stomach can take it). After that? I may give the PUP a try.

Reactions: FZ1
I’ve always wanted to give the PUP a try...can’t get it locally where I am, but easy to find and half decent prices on Amazon (plus their rebate through Pennzoil).

Honestly, I don’t know if I’m going to be in a big rush for a 5w30 right now...after looking at my wear metals in this report it seems as if the engine doesn’t mind what the manufacturer recommends (0W20). Plus I just did an oil change using the Mobil1EP 0W20 - and plan on running another 10,000 mile interval (if my stomach can take it). After that? I may give the PUP a try.
You don’t need W30 if you are getting good uoa data essentially. Although I haven’t seen them because I haven’t looked for them, their are reports of vehicles with hundreds of thousands of miles on w20 with zero problems.

I bumped up to w30 on my 17 accord because of the fuel dilution and mechanical shear. Right now I have M1 0w40 in it just because I want to

Back