2016 > '20 Honda HRV : Any current / past owners ?

Considering one with a C.V.T. and A.W.D. . How is gas mileage , dependability , handling , ride and interior durability ( rattles , etc.) ? Thanks

I've driven a 2019 HRV with the CVT, no problem at all. Honda makes a good CVT.

I heard Honda's AWD isn't the greatest, definitely not Subaru. You'd be better off buying a FWD HRV if you can find one, and then get a set of winter tires. There is a video of the CRV AWD being worthless, but the HRV may be different (or the same).

I don't have any experience with the AWD performance because I only drove it once last fall, and we didn't have much of a winter this year.

Nothing wrong with the ride and handling or the interior quality.

The FWD is scarce in our area due to the winter . Would put snow tire with studs on FWD or AWD .

How long do you plan to own for? If for nothing else, AWD would keep resale--I mean, not too many people in the Northeast could stomach a FWD CUV... general public not being BITOG and all.

Seems like Honda has ramped up their driver aids. Does 2016 have the same nannies as 2020? I ask because some people like 'em, some hate 'em.

As for mpg, I would compare what you get for mpg in whatever you have right now against what fuelly has to say (and perhaps the EPA). If you average EPA city mpg, then I'd assume you'd get EPA city mpg for the HRV. Etc. Should be quick to compare and predict that way.

Maybe price out wheel and tire cost first. I wouldn't expect issues but I know I do that before car shopping since it is a cost that has to be accommodated for.

The ride SUCKS according to Consumers Reports. Dealers are good at giving you a prescribed, easy going test drive where you may not notice it.

"The HR-V's ride is downright uncomfortable, borderline harsh. The suspension transmits every bump, rut and ridge to the passengers in the form of hard, rubbery shots. Short, abrupt ride motions make the car feel jumpy. Even on the highway it feels choppy."

Back