2015 Impala V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Family member car but yep hard to go wrong with Mobil 1

Driver is on the aggressive side.

$12 rebate on M1 right now till end of October. Walmart has it on sale for $23 and change. So that's a great deal!

Napa Synthetic, which is on sale for $2.99/qt this month. It's rebranded Synpower. While you're there, pick up a Napa Gold filter
smile.gif

+1 on the Napa Gold Oil Filter they have great build quality so far.
As for the oil if you can get the Mobil 1 oil for a good price do it. It is great stuff and their containers are secured with an inner seal and an outer locking cap that does not let them leak like some other oil companies this way you know you are getting what you pay for.

Yes a little misleading, it does say on that link "some" participating retailers include. On another thread on here it talked about that issue and people were receiving their rebate checks after buying from WM.

Some more usage info would be good.

I only maintain 1 vehicle outside of my immediate purview; for that case, i use long life oil like M1 EP in case I can't get back to view the miles accumulated.

Obviously highly depends on the discipline of the primary driver.

i hope wal mart qualifies for the rebate because if you have to go to a rip me off auto parts store it may not pay.. In that case Valvoline is also a good choice and they have the inner seal under their security cap.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Yes a little misleading, it does say on that link "some" participating retailers include. On another thread on here it talked about that issue and people were receiving their rebate checks after buying from WM.

I have gotten my M1 rebate checks twice after buying from Walmart. Last one took quite a while, but it showed up.

OP - I'd use any synthetic that meets Dexos spec in the recommended viscosity. M1 honors the rebate when purchased from Walmart. Never had a problem with rebates after multiple purchases from Walmart. Pennzoil is also giving $2 per quart back on a full synthetic purchase. 5 qt jug = $10 rebate. http://pzl.promotionsprod.com/diy/spring16/

+2 on the napa & gold combo.
I quit buying at wally world because of people returning old oil in new containers.

Originally Posted By: merdog
I quit buying at wally world because of people returning old oil in new containers.

People actually do this?
laugh.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back