2015 Audi RS5......21,000 Miles-$37,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
You can get a brand new Camaro SS for that price, which is better in almost every way except it doesn't have AWD.
LOL!

Apples and oranges, but whatever.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You can get a brand new Camaro SS for that price, which is better in almost every way except it doesn't have AWD.
LOL!

Apples and oranges, but whatever.
smile.gif

Uh, no they are not apples and oranges. The Camaro is a Cadillac ATS with a V8. And it’s better than the Audi! Which is just an overpriced A4 coupe.

Name one thing that Audi does that the Camaro doesn’t. Don’t say ohhh it’s a luxury car blahblahblah.

Name one thing that Audi does that the Camaro doesn’t. Don’t say ohhh it’s a luxury car blahblahblah.

I'd wager the Audi has better interior materials, fit and finish as well as windows that aren't 2" tall, which means it probably has better visibility; a better greenhouse.

I'd also wager the Camaro will be massively cheaper to own and more reliable, so there's that.

Quote:
Name one thing that Audi does that the Camaro doesn’t.

As was noted earlier, better visibility.

Also, the RS5 comes with a dual-clutch S-tronic trans instead of traditional auto, and AWD, as you mentioned.

Don’t say ohhh it’s a luxury car blahblahblah.

But it is. It's like comparing MB E-Class to a Chevy Malibu. They kind of both do the same thing, but the interface is different.

If you want high quality interior and refinement, you are not going to find it in a Camaro. I'm guessing the OP wants that. Otherwise, if not, he should get a Camaro.

The 6th gen has comparable interior materials to the RS5. Two close family members have these exact cars and I was able to compare them. The Harman-Kardon stereo is way better than the Bose in the Camaro, however. If I had to pick I'd say yes, the Audi definitely has a nicer interior, but is it worth the price premium? No.

The visibility is bad but you shouldn't be looking over your shoulders each time you change lanes anyway. Take a driver's ed course and adjust your mirrors and you won't have any problems. Also a drop-top eliminates the visibility problem.

I think people have a hard time getting over the junk Camaro interiors of year's past. Even the 5th gen was built like a Chevy Cobalt.

Met a guy a few days ago with an Audi A8 W12. He said he gets offers for it all the time. He just replaced the starter on it for $800. He just called it a W12 and I acted like I knew what it was. My other friend was commenting on how nice and classy it was. I did a national search on CarMax and they don't have any available.
smile.gif

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-a8-w12-is-the-most-expensive-audi-option-money-can-buy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back