2014 Toyota Corolla Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Corolla is a car for non affluent people.

Corolla is a car for non flashy people. Plenty of affluent people drive them.

Corolla owners are those that get into the car every day for 20 years on a commute to work or other function. The car will offer no surprises and be exceedingly reliable for more than 2 decades with no drama. It is the tool for the job that the owner has calculated the lowest risk possible when they turn that key it will provide them with fuel efficient transport at a competitive purchase price.

Often Corolla owners have other hobbies/vehicles/people etc that capture their attention. Not everyone needs to have 200,300 or even 400hp to commute to work day in, day out.

Regardless of what is commonly thought, there is no correlation between what you drive and your happiness in life.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Corolla is a car for non affluent people.

Corolla is a car for non flashy people. Plenty of affluent people drive them.

Absolutely. I can assure anyone that drawing conclusions from someone's ride is a great way to be completely wrong.

Many folks could care less about the car just so it gets them somewhere they want to go.

^Great reason to base a car buying decision on (sarcasm).
And 'migrants' can mean people who IMMIgrate or EMIgrate - which ones do you mean?
Are you sure those 'migrants' don't by Fords once in a while ? you might have to sell yours - LOL!

And no, I don't think all of us know 'the ones you mean'
wink.gif
- please elaborate a bit
smile.gif

I'd never buy a Corolla either, but for reasons that have to do with the car, not who else buys it.

Originally Posted By: kalloggs40
Sorry for me i would never buy a Toyota Corolla or Camry because only migrants buy them in Australia, and i mean the ones that cant asymilate, you know the ones i mean.
Even if someone gave me a new one for free i would sell it fast.

Seems Mr Kalloggs has some interesting older posts as well:

Originally Posted By: kalloggs40
You wont believe but the company owner is an Arab! which to me makes it even worse

Corolla is a for non affluent people.

People can keep the up side down BMW car loans all they want, and complain about the disappearance of middle class jobs all they want, but this kind of statement is immature no matter how you see it, just like them "real man don't drive anything less than a V8 SUV" then complains that "gas is $4 a gallon and it is the government's fault".

What's wrong with a car for non affluent people? even if it is not a Corolla?

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Looks like a civic mixed with a dart.

This. Toss in a little previous-gen Focus headlight with that Hyundai style "Superman" shaped lower grille and a CX-7 upper grille. And that's just the front! The back is more new Focus mixed with Honda Civic. Oh Toyote's!!

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
The Corolla lost its identity. UGLY. Ford Focus from the front, Dodge Dart from the side, Honda Civic from the back. A CAD designer mashup.

lol mashup is right. Looks like a cleaner version of a Hyundai

For the typical interstate commute I'm sure it's fine. Having gone from a rural commute with some hills and turns to suburban one on flat interstate, I get it how folks can't really tell the differences between one car and another if they're not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back