2013 Lexus IS250 - Spark Plugs @ 59.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andyd
Let me get my brain around this. The intake manifold has to come out to change plugs and at 60k, the intake valves are gunked up? This is one of those V6s with the 8' timing belt with all sorts of plastic guides and tensioners? This gimcrack is lubed with 0w20 oil and hitched to a 8 spd automatic trans. No thank you.

I talked to The Critic, he took the intake manifold out to clean the throttle body, not to change plugs. Instruction online I saw you only need to take out the engine cover.

It is a chain engine with 1 belt route over all sorts of things, the label on mine said API SM 5w20 every 5k miles. 8 spd auto with "life time fill" however, and it was not the best Aisin has made.

I pull the intake manifold to change the rear plugs on my V6. My dad has an Altima with the VQ 3.5. Same deal. Not enough room on the transverse mounted v6. It’s an easy job though.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

I talked to The Critic, he took the intake manifold out to clean the throttle body, not to change plugs. Instruction online I saw you only need to take out the engine cover.

The IS250 definitely requires upper manifold removal for spark plug replacement. The IS350 does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back