2013 Ford Escape SE 2.0 AWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
This is what would keep me from buying many new Fords. I drove five different Fords at the EcoBoost Challenge event this weekend and didn't like the interiors in any of them. C-Max, Fusion, Escape, Focus, Fiesta. The Focus was the most likable, and I could live with it. The C-Max was also okay. I wouldn't buy an Escape, Fusion, or Fiesta on the basis of the interior alone.

I absolutely commend Mazda for their work on the new 3's interior. This is absolutely what the model of a pleasing and functional interior should be, perhaps minus the touch screen if you don't care for that (but it's optional in the Mazda). The only nit I have with the Mazda is the gauge cluster (and certainly moreso with the Fords!). Quit with the silly individual binacles and give me an easy-to-read dash. The one in my CR-V is the best I've used. Functional, simple, and readable at the quickest glance.

Give me a combo of these two and I'd be set.

So you prefer stodgy, conservative styling. That's cool, but the Mazda interiors lack any real curb appeal or wow factor. Mazda interiors are sorely lacking, IMO.

The CX-5s interior is refreshing. It's simple.

I enjoy driving my parents' 13 Escape, but the HVAC, radio controls are just too darn busy. Even the base models without MFT are too busy.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
So you prefer stodgy, conservative styling. That's cool, but the Mazda interiors lack any real curb appeal or wow factor. Mazda interiors are sorely lacking, IMO.

Absolutely. Many modern interiors border on the ostentatious to me, and I'm pretty much the polar opposite of that. The new Mazda 3's interior reminds me of the very highly-thought of interiors of older BMWs. Very much down to business and simple. Not showy. Not "techy". Not from the Facebook and Twitter generation. Just simple, well-engineered, functional interiors.

I'm not looking for curb appeal or for a wow factor. I'm after an interior that lets me focus on the act and the art of driving.

Absolutely. Many modern interiors border on the ostentatious to me, and I'm pretty much the polar opposite of that. The new Mazda 3's interior reminds me of the very highly-thought of interiors of older BMWs. Very much down to business and simple. Not showy. Not "techy". Not from the Facebook and Twitter generation. Just simple, well-engineered, functional interiors.

I'm not looking for curb appeal or for a wow factor. I'm after an interior that lets me focus on the act and the art of driving.

Well said. When I'm in a BMW all I want is heavily bolstered seats and a clear view of the tach.

Exactly!

'Curb appeal and wow factor' are just shiny colors and glitter that people forget in no time. I wouldn't buy a car who's dash was designed after a 2003 model Seimens GSM cell phone.

Originally Posted By: jrustles

'Curb appeal and wow factor' are just shiny colors and glitter that people forget in no time. I wouldn't buy a car who's dash was designed after a 2003 model Seimens GSM cell phone.

Yes, and the same argument can be made for exterior styling.
If you prefer your automotive styling to have more in common with Kenmore than Ferrari, that's fine, but the market obviously disagrees.
I'll take the 2013+ Escape interior styling over the CX-5's 80's-chic interior any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back