2012 Honda Accord Oil

Recently bought a pristine 2012 Honda Accord with 75000 miles. It came from a friend who's also a dealer, so I've got no service records. Carried it to a store I trust for its first service under my care, and to have it checked out.

Everything checked out good, but I need recommendations on the motor oil and automatic transmission service. This is my first Japanese car, and I'd like it to last another 10 years.
Congrats on what sounds like a sweet deal. Most Honda Accords (with exception of a few) are like the Eveready Bunny! Use proper predictive & preventive maintenance (nothing special) and they just KEEP Going and Going.... We own (2) now. Our 3rd and 4th and the last one we traded had been with us 18 years with not one major repair. So...
You have no records. Maybe no manual , but you can pull the manuals up online and follow exactly what is recommended and you should be fine.
Even the paint holds up great on them. :) Use the recommended motor oil which is going to be 5w20 or 0w20 and decent filters (oil + air). The majority of transmissions lately on Accords has been "drain & fills" with no dropping a pan or changing out a screen or filter. Drive & enjoy.

This coming from a fellow Tarheel who previously owned a 2013 Accord LX 2.4L. Unless you're in the western part of the state (mountains=winter cold), you may want to consider using 5w-20 synthetic even though the owners manual calls for 0w-20. I also agree with others recommending regular drain and fills using Honda brand ATF.

Back