2012 Camaro SS Oil Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jwoj3540
Based on my driving habits as described in the original post, what would you say is an acceptable interval for me to go between oil changes on standard M1??

Standard M1 is guaranteed for 10,000 miles or the OEM interval, whichever is longer, so you have nothign to worry about.

Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 or QS Defy 10W-40. Rotella T5 or Defy 10W-30 if you have to have a 30 grade. All of the above are thick for grade, non resource conserving, and readily available. Don't worry about dexos.

While I don't use Mobil 1 anymore, I don't think it's going to hurt your engine, especially since Chevrolet has recommended it many times in the past for it's high performance engines.

My experience of a noisier engine along with increased oil consumption is why I quit using it and never tried it again but plenty of people on here use it with no issues.

Any oil that meets your Dexos requirement will be okay.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: jwoj3540
Guys, this is really great feedback and I appreciate it. I have a follow-up question...

So it seems M1 EP is really only good for additional miles (approx 15,000 oil change inervals)?

Based on my driving habits as described in the original post, what would you say is an acceptable interval for me to go between oil changes on standard M1??

Use the Mobil 1 and a quality filter and change it when the oil life monitor tells you to. Or once a year, whichever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back