2011 GMC Sierra, 4.8 Penzoil Ultra Platinum 5-W 30, 7k on oil, 170k on engine.

I’m not sure 10k is going to fly with this oil and your driving situation. The TBN isn’t bad but is getting down there. The wear items are looking good though.

What is the oil life monitor saying when you changed at 7k?
4%.

I’m not sure 10k is going to fly with this oil and your driving situation. The TBN isn’t bad but is getting down there. The wear items are looking good though.

What is the oil life monitor saying when you changed at 7k?
4%.

I saw that thickening. It’s only 17%

I do believe that this oil has served its time and it’s due for change. I think an extra 3000 miles (43% more miles) is too much to ask of this oil in this situation.
I agree. I will go by my OLM.

First time sample. Would like to extend OCI to 10k.
Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thank you.
Zathael
Thanks for posting
That Pennzoil Ultra has given you all it's gonna give
If you want to go to a 10k OCI you can try another Oil. Take your pick A-V, Amsoil to Valvoline
You're Data is much appreciated!

The pennzoil pds states 10.3 kv100 but blackstone never has a consistent measurement as people have gotten repeat uoas on the same oil all with enough of a difference. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. I suggested using euro or diesel 40 as it's better for long drain intervals which i do regularly and they cost the same or less than PUP

Are you sure this is Pennzoil Platinum?
The viscosity @ 7k matches more with Pennzoil Black Label Synthetic.

How many quarts does the oil change require?
Did you use any top-off oil?

My Gm olm gives me about 7500 on my 5.3.
That's good enough with any oil I.M.O. .
I have extended protection(20k) but still change at 7500

Are you sure this is Pennzoil Platinum?
The viscosity @ 7k matches more with Pennzoil Black Label Synthetic.

How many quarts does the oil change require?
Did you use any top-off oil?
Forgot to say this is Pennzoil ultra Platinum.

I have an 08’ Silverado with the 4.8 and no AFM. 168K miles and I switched over to QSUD euro 5-40 from a lifetime of M1 EP 5-30. Haven’t done a UOA it’s still very quiet running and no oil consumption. It’s an extra vehicle now but may have to start driving it again after the Cummins debacle.

I have an 08’ Silverado with the 4.8 and no AFM. 168K miles and I switched over to QSUD euro 5-40 from a lifetime of M1 EP 5-30. Haven’t done a UOA it’s still very quiet running and no oil consumption. It’s an extra vehicle now but may have to start driving it again after the Cummins debacle.
Was not to aware of the Cummins debacle. What was the issue?

Back