2010 Jeep Commander 5.7Hemi 5900mi on Redline 5w30

So this is the second UOA on the Commander. Posted the first back in Jan 2020(Sorry, don't know how to link to a prior thread). Overall, I think this is the 4th Redline fill. Certainly some findings not as good as the previous. Could the fact that I sampled this Sept 12 and just now got results have any bearing? This was to the ALS lab that has recently moved, so that may explain some of delay.
Jeep runs well and I used a Wix XP filter for this drain period. As I previously noted, mainly tried this to quiet the "Hemi tick". Comments welcome and sorry if it posts sideways again

Attachments

• UOA #2 Jeep.pdf
    60.1 KB · Views: 120
Ahhh Red Line....the mystery continues. I have no answers. Results are ok. Viscosity increased in just 6k miles. You could do as good or better on another brand here.

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 10.33.35 PM.png

What are you using for an air filter? Silicon seems high.
Thanks for righting the image! I have been running an aFE dry filter on their intake system. I know Redline uses silicon as an antifoaming agent but don't know if the levels should be quite this high

Thanks for righting the image! I have been running an aFE dry filter on their intake system. I know Redline uses silicon as an antifoaming agent but don't know if the levels should be quite this high

Ahhh, forgot about that, you are quite right, though the amount used seems to vary significantly VOA to VOA.
Here's a VOA of their 0w-30, which shows it at a level closer to yours:

Whereas this 5w-40 VOA has it at 8ppm:

This VOA of 5w-30 shows it at 50ppm:

Sodium is significantly lower than yours in all of them, so that's interesting.

And no problem about the pic post, figured it would help.

Back