Redline Oil 5w30 -- 3,472 miles -- 07 Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
33.gif
blackstone and their comments. Uuugh.

Does it even make sense to get a PC on virgin oil? I thought the numbers would show zeros, since the oil is new and there shouldn't be any particles floating in it??? I'm lost.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
If RL was doing some cleaning it may have dissolved gunk, making it suspended in the oil, meaning in the end if you continued to use it...would probably see the PC numbers read 'cleaner'.

PC isn't wear metals only if I recall right.

It's different sized particles, whatever they may be.

I'm sure the engine internals are extremely clean with 3k OCIs using only high quality synthetics since day one. Come on. It's like you're finding excuses.

This being the second fill, I'd expect everything to be cleaner and a nice film of Ester surrounding all surfaces. I see no reason to keep running Redline.

Just giving possible scenarios is all. I'm ACTUALLY very curious to see pics of the Si's valve train.

If you can convince "JoefromPA" to pull the valve cover off his Si that saw 10-15k OCIs for 100,000 miles to compare, i'd gladly pull mine off.
thumbsup2.gif
grin2.gif

If you can convince "JoefromPA" to pull the valve cover off his Si that saw 10-15k OCIs for 100,000 miles to compare, i'd gladly pull mine off.
thumbsup2.gif
grin2.gif

Id like to see a comparison myself (not that a little varnish if their is any would upset me).

The on thing of all these tests that bothers me the most is M1.
2.7 TBN after 2500 miles? I think I better search for that post.

I cant seem to find the original post from the M1 change.

Last edited:
I never bothered to post it. I wasn't M1 EP. I was M1 0w30 that i ran during the winter and wanted to see how it held up viscosity wise, coupled with the abusive driving.

Artem,

Gonna chuck in something a bit 'left field' here - you run your engine really hard, and you like Amsoil oils.

How about trying 'Dominator' 10W-30, and seeing how it does over 3-4k?

One of the Amsoil dealers suggested i try the new Z oil. What do you think about that?

I didn't see any TBN listing on the spec sheet for the Dominator oil so i wouldn't feel comfortable running a racing oil for any extended period of time. It would be great for track days though.

I'll read through the whole page and see what Amsoil has to say about it but it doesn't look like it will fit the bill in my street car.

It's got a TBN of about 7. Pablo has run it 10k in his Honda van, and it still had TBN. It will do 3k NO PROBLEM!

Check out the UOA/VOA section under PABLO's name, Dominator, or Honda Oddyssey(SP) for details.

lol.gif
why did Pablo use a racing oil in his VAN??? Let alone, run it for 10,000 miles?
33.gif

lol.gif
why did Pablo use a racing oil in his VAN??? Let alone, run it for 10,000 miles?
33.gif

To prove it could be done without harm.

Originally Posted By: btanchors
I suspect the Z-Rod oil is the same as Dominator Racing oil, but with the addition of corrosion/rust inhibitors...

If that's the case, the Z-Rod should be an excellent high performance oil.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
lol.gif
33.gif

To prove it could be done without harm.

He sure managed to do just that. I wouldn't have had the stones to do it.

Fair enough, but, for you daily HP use, the Dominator would prolly be a better fit than the Z-Rod........

I'll get to it eventually. My next fill after Redline is Amsoil Euro 5w30 just in time for the summer HEAT. I have a wedding coming up and with the Fiancee being 400 miles away one way and a bunch of stuff left to do, i'll rack up the miles fairly quick. I want too see how the thicker lube works out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back