2010 Hyundai Elantra oil choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the gentleman that lives next to me has himself a very low mile, 2010 Hyundai Elantra base model, 4 door car. He asked me about oil choices. I told him if he wished I could chNge his oil for him with some QSGB 5w20 and a KIA/HYUNDAI OEM filter since I still have 13 of these left in "the stash". He puts barely 6,000 miles on a vehicle a year. Anything else on this new to him car he should be aware of?

Thank you

2010 base model isn't GDI and is also very easy on oil. QSGB will work just fine, as will any SN/GF-5.

beta 2 will last forever on a steady diet of anything 5w20-5w30. good luck.

My 2010 Elantra runs best on 5W20 QSGB and PYB for conventional.
For synthetic it has run well on PP 5W20 but recently I found it runs better on M1 0W20 which is a little heavier 20W than PP ... I run 6,000 miles / 6 month OCI's using a Fram Ultra Oil Filter ... Using this routine - the '10 Elantra should outlast me !

Thanks ChrisD46
wink.gif

That car probably came off the line with QSGB 5w20 in it I think what you have will do very well.

So this Friday after work I am installing QSGB 5w30( one of the last jugs of QS in the stash) and a KIA/HYUNDAI filter on my friends Hyundai

One of the vehicles, 2010 Hyundai, I use PYB (5w-30) although the fill cap has 5w-20.
Manual recommends Quaker State I think.
I do 5k OCIs. If I was to do more, I'd probably go synthetic.
Hyundai OEM filters are good filters and not overly priced. There are some fake filters out there to stay away from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back