2010 Escape 2.5L under Valve cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
The escape has been super reliable. Ive replaced the front and rear sway bar lengths with moog parts, spark plugs, air filters. I also had to replace the vapor purge valve and front door speakers, other than that i change the oil with on sale name brand synthetics. Fram or MC filters and every 2nd oil change i drain and refill 5qts of ATF with Maxlife LV. Normal maintenance.
I'd avoid the MC oil filters, as they have a reputation for developing tearing (holes) in them since they are made by Purolator. All other brands are OK, but Fram Ultra is really the best oil filter choice. .... Changing ATF any more than every 50k miles is a big waste with no benefit as its not exposed to combustion like engine oil is.
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
I believe the 2.5l is rated at 170hp or so.
The 2.5L engine is one of those engines where the HP equals the peak torque (ft-lbs): 171 hp and 171 ft-lbs. My '18 Equinox makes 170 hp from a 1.5L turbo-DI, almost the same power, and the weight of the vehicle is about the same too, but it gets some low-RPM torque which peaks at 203 ft-lbs, so its quicker 0-60 (9 sec vs. 10 sec).
The MPG increment is +4 MPG, both city and highway, when powered by the 1.5T vs. the 2.5L, that being what the high-tech turbo-DI hardware does for you.

I like the 2010 Escape Hybrid the most, a model NYC taxi-cab drivers luv and beat mercilessly.
You can't go wrong with an Escape.
We can still get the reliable 2.5L non-turbo 4 cyl on the 2018 Ford Escape S model, BTW.

I drain and fill the ATF that often because this model trans only has a screen and no filter to change. When we bought the truck the trans fluid was very dark so I do a drain/fill every 12-15k miles. Im meticulous with maintenance...sometimes a little overboard i know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back