2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Corolla = a basic car = a basic interior

I am shocked that they 'stole' her trade for only $2900
Car dealers are our friends.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
The Corrolla has about the cheapest POS interior I have ever scene in a car. What is the lovefest on a Toy interior??? All plastic even the movable stuff like the shift know/lever etc

The knobs, controls everything, absolute junk. I guess in 12K kia I could forgive them but not in 18K $ car.

What you haven't had the Toyota kool-aid? Take a sip! There are no brainwashing drugs in there, I swear!

Another year, another auto show. There's no question I'm hugely biased towards American cars for many reasons, but I do like to check out what the Asians are up to. Took a stroll through the Toyota section, sat in the new Venza, the Camry and a Corolla. Then went over to Hyundai. For every model Hyundai makes, the look, quality, and feel is so far ahead of Toyota it's not even a joke. If you refuse to look at American cars (and I hope you don't), at least look Hyundai before blindly buying a Toyota because some talking head told you to.

As for the Challenger, it's pretty awesome. I've sat in both a base V6 and an R/T. Although I haven't driven either, I enjoyed the feel of the shift in the R/T, and the driving position in both is awesome. With both the new Mustang and the new Camaro coming out, it's going to have some tough muscle car competition. For the base models, the Camaro is far ahead of the others, 297hp in the V6, vs. 250hp and 210hp in the Challenger and Mustang respectively. There's a real risk you'll lose to a new Accord V6 with the base, and that could hurt your ego if you let it. Also, FWIW, the casting of the 3.5L V6 looked really cheap. The timing chain cover had rough, cheap looking metal, which might be telling about the assembly of the rest of the engine, though it's probably fine.

why no small V8? the 4.7 is no good? no more power than the V6?

I tought about getting a 300 a year ago and passed, V6 not enough power to pull my boat maybe, hemi is more than I need plus a gas hog and higher insurance cost, plus the hemi is hard on the drive line too

there is just some thing about a V8 i like, smoother maybe

I just bought an 09 Charger R/T. Its basically the same car as the challenger. I think it is a great car it got tons of power gets over 20mpg its very smooth and feels very solid. I drove a 3.5 car and it had good power and was nice. It didn't compare to the HEMI though. The fuel economy is about the same. V6 was 17 city 25 highway. The V8 16 city 25 highway. So I could not see any reason to not buy the V8 version. Plus the deals are fantastic right now. I got mine for 26,400 with 0% for 48 months. They also gave me 1500 for my beat up 96 sentra with 165000 miles on it. Sticker was over 33,000. There arn't as many challegers on dealer lots though.

I agree that Toyota's interior has taken a dive since the mid/late 90s. I test drove a Camry last year and cross that off our list before we get off the car, because the interior was worse than the 13 year old Corolla we got, and even the famous 2000 Taurus interior is better in comparison. Same for BMW, their $37k 330i has interior that is acceptable, but their fake leather seat is just so so.

Seems like everyone is dropping quality to lower cost these days, or inflation forced them to lower quality instead of raising prices.

It is a shame that Dodge has some real nice body styles...but underneath they are junk..... I would love to get a dodge challenger but dont want the problems down the road.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
I would love to get a dodge challenger but dont want the problems down the road.

What kind of problems are you expecting? Down the road...

Engine...A/C....Tranny...The company already has the lowest rating in the latest Consumer Reports...Does not speak well for the quality of the product....I wish it was better. I in the past have purchased mostly chrysler products and have had good and bad luck....1987 Chrysler leBaron with a 2.2...Head Gasket...1989 Plymouth Acclaim...with a 2.5 Head gasket and a tranny...1999 Dodge Grand caravan with a 3.3.....Tranny...A/C...CV joints...2004 PT Cruiser...Tranny...CV Joints...Steering Rack...Sun Roof motor...I am sure there are more problems with each but this is what I can remember....

If you guys are complaining about plastic in a Toyota corolla you need to check out the 08-09 F150's not the low end trucks, the Lariats and up, all plastic and the leather seats are only in the front, the back is faux leather...so lets not just beat up on the Yota's.

FWIW-I wanted an 09 Challenger too but they did not have the incentives when I bought my 08 F150 Lariat and I got $11k off the sticker price thru employee pricing with Ford. I wish I would have waited a little longer, now the wait is to see if they go under or not...:-(

Last edited:
Bought a Challenger RT last week. Hemi Orange. Love it. I've had nothing but Toyota and Honda for the past 17 years, so the interior was just fine with me. Lots of power, and just looks great.

I got all the incentives and all that on the car as well...EP, 1000 cash back, 0%. Practically stole this thing.

This is my first Dodge, so I am a little worried about the reliability, but it does come with a life time power train warranty so at least it's covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back