2008 Honda Civic Automatic Tranmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Vibration doesn't sound like a transmission problem. More likely to be a CV axle.

If it is the axle, get Raxles if they make them for your car.

As far as the ATF goes, do a drain-and-fill whenever the MM suggests it. Use Maxlife or Castrol Full Synthetic ATF. The Castrol ATF is on sale at AAP until 8/30, 2/$11 (must buy in multiples of two)

Guys who know these CRVs know that the recommended fluid interval needs to be shortened significantly.
BTW, its not a Drain&Fill. Its a flush which is a series of 3 D&Fs.
If you don't know this specific model then its probably a good idea to say so in your authoritive response.
BTW, there was TSB on this year CRV for vibration as a result of depleted Differential fluid.
It typically occured at low speed hard turns (parking lot type demands) drain interval.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Easy for you to say. Repairs may be more than the car is worth. You you don't know who he gave the deposit to,how much the deposit was or if he can get it back,etc.etc.etc. Maybe you have his deposit. Never,never,never put a deposit down on a car.

Yep...you got me...I have his deposit. You are one smart cookie.

I guess they do things different down in TX...must be alot of dishonest folks to worry about.

I have lived in many regions of the country and deposit is SOP to hold a vehicle in a private party sale until funds can be gathered. Its common for test drives and car sales to occur on a weekend after banks are closed. Its also typical for now commonplace internet sales through various automotive forums.

A deposit is a guarantee that the interested party intends to follow through with his promise to buy the vehicle.
In Private Party sales, deposits are not often returned since the seller is entitled to keep the funds for having removed the vehicle from the market. This lost opportunity has a monetary value that both buyer & seller obviously agreed to when they negotiated a deposit. Perhaps you are thinking of something else or possibly a dealership?

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Vibration doesn't sound like a transmission problem. More likely to be a CV axle.

As far as the ATF goes, do a drain-and-fill whenever the MM suggests it. Use Maxlife or Castrol Full Synthetic ATF. The Castrol ATF is on sale at AAP until 8/30, 2/$11 (must buy in multiples of two)

Guys who know these CRVs know that the recommended fluid interval needs to be shortened significantly.
If you don't know this specific model then its probably a good idea to say so in your authoritive response.
BTW, there was TSB on this year CRV for vibration as a result of depleted Differential fluid.
It typically occured at low speed hard turns (parking lot type demands) drain interval.
Smart enough "cookie" to know the car in question by the op is a CIVIC not a CRV. Lol.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver

Smart enough "cookie" to know the car in question by the op is a CIVIC not a CRV. Lol.

Dang...you got me.
I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back