2006 TSX rear caliper bracket bolt torque?

I've looked the 'net and seen torque value settings for 2006 Acura TSX rear brake caliper bracket. I've seen 28 ft lbs, 54 and ???
The fastener head is 14mm.

Thanks in advance!

acura tsx.jpg

Misprint - no way those are 28 ft-lbs.
I agree, 28 ft-lbs has to be a typo. I admit I have never used a torque wrench on caliper bracket bolts though. I estimate usually 60-ish ft-lbs using a long pattern box wrench, gun, or 16" ratchet.

Reactions: JC1
FWIW, 2012 Civic, rear bracket bolts = 55 ft/lbs

I know it's not the same car (could very well be the same brake components though) but I'd bet that TSX's numbers are in the same ballpark.

Misprint - no way those are 28 ft-lbs.
It seems low but who knows,I just posted the info I have but I personally cannot verify it. So what is it?
I found this..

Last edited:
The bracket fastener is a 14mm head, I believe... I did not pull the bracket. 218K and the rotor has never been off. No ridge no nuthin'. Old pad have at least 150K on them. Just cleaned the slide pin channels ala Rainman. And a rag on a skinny bolt. Easy peasey.

This car is perfect. Reused factory hardware; just a little Rainman juice and a wire brush.
Thanks to all who chimed in.

BrakeKleen is in short supply around here. Some jackass named Rainman bought it all up.

M10 recommended torque ratings:
Class 8.8, 55 #ft
Class 10.9, 75 #ft

I have to believe 28 #ft is a misprint and you will see that number in many Internet search results, which is why I asked.
I would go with 55 #ft.

Last edited:
Going by that can be a huge mistake, a lot depends on what material the threads are in and how many threads there are. The info from TSX club is from the FSM, I would dive deeper into it before dismissing it as a misprint.

Going by that can be a huge mistake, a lot depends on what material the threads are in and how many threads there are. The info from TSX club is from the FSM, I would dive deeper into it before dismissing it as a misprint.
The FSM and Chiltons manuals also call for 28 ft.-lbs. for my 2003 Element and 2002 Accord which use the same bracket bolts.

I have the Acura Service Manual. I couldn't find the spec which is why I asked. And saw multiple values on the various forums. Based on @Trav suggestion I looked one more time. It was under Rear Suspension. 54 #ft seems to be correct.
PXL_20230531_215622020.jpg
PXL_20230531_221156486.jpg
PXL_20230531_215601052.jpg

Last edited:
That looks right.
I appreciate your pushing me to look further. Not sure why I did not see this before; it actually was found under rear brakes and rear suspension. I am a prouct of CA education; you cannot expect me to read...

Heck, I have the best manual out there. Go figure!

Back