2006 Chevy Colorado - 120K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for a small truck for a bit now (don't need a full size). Came across a craigslist post for a 06 Colorado. 120K miles. Contacted the seller by email asking various questions. It's a 4 cyl, auto, 2WD. When asked about repair history he said fuel pump, windshield and brakes replaced, everything else original. He's asking $4K. I've been communicating through email so far because it is a trip to go see the vehicle.

The truck is along the lines of what I am looking for (something simple, basic), but should I be very wary? Is it a time/money bomb waiting to happen? His lack of telling me a detailed maintenance history has me cautious.

Forgive my ignorance about this, but it seems to me like I should keep looking. Opinions?

wow $4k seems like a pretty good deal to me. Probably all highway miles considering the amount of miles. I say go for it
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
wow $4k seems like a pretty good deal to me. Probably all highway miles considering the amount of miles. I say go for it
thumbsup2.gif

It should be highway mostly for that amount of miles.

I guess what I was worried about (and this is where my ignorance of automotive things is) are tranny and timing chain. Or can I consider highway miles as "easy" miles.

Much older trucks with this mileage go for $4k. As with any vehicle with 120k miles on it, it is more about how it was driven and maintained than anything else.

Originally Posted By: jhMalibu
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
thumbsup2.gif

It should be highway mostly for that amount of miles.

I guess what I was worried about (and this is where my ignorance of automotive things is) are tranny and timing chain. Or can I consider highway miles as "easy" miles.

Highway miles are usually easy miles for a car. It's the stop and go of city driving that puts more wear and tear on a car. You could always have a mechanic just do a look-over and see if everything looks good.. and like someone else above mentioned, a CarFax would probably be a good idea.

It it wasn't all beat to heck, that was a great deal for that truck. That Atlas/Vortec 4cyl and 4L60E AT combo would hold up for a long time. That was probably a very basic truck so there would have been little to break on it.

09%202.9L%20I4%20VVT%20LLV%20COL%20LoR.jpg

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back