2006 Accord 4cyl; Amsoil 0w20; 11,241 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a surprise today when I received my UOA in my inbox from ALS Staveley Labs. After they still hadn't received my sample 3 weeks after I mailed it, I thought it must have gotten lost in all of the holiday packages (sent the day before Thanksgiving). Anyhow, here are the specifics and results:

2006 Accord sedan, 4 cyl automatic. 69,680 miles on car.
11,241 miles on oil and filter. Amsoil 0w20 w/Amsoil oil filter. Napa Gold air filter. No top off oil added. Oil run from 1/12/10 until 11/22/10 - almost 10.5 months in WI. Driving is about 50% country roads, 35% highway and the rest city.

Iron - 16
Chromium - Lead - Copper - 3
Tin - Aluminum - 7
Nickel - Silver - Titanium - Vanadium - Sodium - 21
Magnesium - 20
Calcium - 2941
Barium - Phosphorus - 719
Zinc - 791
Moly - Boron - 9
Silicon - 15
Potassium - 8
Visc100 - 8.4
TBN - 2.6

I was really pleased that there was no fuel dilution this time. My last test showed 5.3%, but the wear metals and viscosity was all in line. I did run a bottle of Amsoil PI about a month into this change due to the fuel dilution in the last test result. I did clean the throttle body as well. Thoughts?

Iron is a bit high which I find curious.

TBN of 2.6 means you probably found a good OCI. You *might* be able to squeeze another 1000 miles out of it.

Still, for 10 months and that much mileage with no top-off...stellar.

Amsoil 0W20 in an Accord 4cyl can easily go 1 year or 13-14k miles. 16 ppm iron after 11k miles is about 3 ppm every 3k miles is not bad.

I'm more impressed with the fact that you added no oil. My 2.4L uses almost 2 qts over a 11k drain.

The #'s look fine Good engine.

Watch your oil pressure light when you start your car and made sure you are getting quick oil pressure. I had a prob with my o3 camry and amsoil filter with only 8 or 9k. It was taking several seconds...maybe 4... for light to go off. Did an oil change and all was well again. Light went off instantly again. Filter must have been full.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Iron is a bit high which I find curious.

TBN of 2.6 means you probably found a good OCI. You *might* be able to squeeze another 1000 miles out of it.

Still, for 10 months and that much mileage with no top-off...stellar.

What are you on crack? Iron tracks with mileage, he hit almost 12 000 miles...

Originally Posted By: 300kplus
Watch your oil pressure light when you start your car and made sure you are getting quick oil pressure. I had a prob with my o3 camry and amsoil filter with only 8 or 9k. It was taking several seconds...maybe 4... for light to go off. Did an oil change and all was well again. Light went off instantly again. Filter must have been full.

that is scary for non-OE amsoil filter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back