2005 lexus gx470 yaw sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I some how messed up the sensor memory while using a obd2 scanner. I am trying to figure out how to re-calibrate it. Just deciphering which pin is what on the dlc3 connector should help as your suppose to jump and connect certain pins to get it into calibration mode. I keep finding 2004 and below model specs on how to do it, supposedly 2005 and up is changed. I tried driving without doing the relearn, it think is is skidding and certain angles and cuts power and locks the brakes up. thanks

how could you mess it up with a generic obd2 scanner? they are pretty much read only.

Yes, I'm curious about this one too.

How did you determine this OBDII scanner effected the sensor?

Joel

supposedly it is a known issue with several toyota vehicles.. while the scanner goes through various languages it erases something

Yes, you may be able to do a zero-point calibration of the yaw rate/acceleration sensor with the jumper wires. The procedure should be in the service manual.

Or, you can follow the info on pg 6 and 7 here:

http://www.toyotapartsandservice.com/pub...TSSN_Spring.pdf

Or pg 7 and 8 here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...2zSi45El1XCQ4Zg

One important step though: The e-brake may need to be released or else the calibration may not be successful. I don't think it needs to be released for the zero-point calibration of the yaw rate sensor itself, but depending on the model, other sensors may need to be calibrated before calibrating the yaw rate sensor-- and for those the e-brake has to be off.

You are supposed to do a reset memory to clear the stored data first, then do the calibration. On some models there are additional steps that must be taken before you can do a zero-point calibration of the yaw rate/acceleration sensor. For instance on my Prius, after clearing the data, I had to do an initialization/calibration of the linear solenoid offset due to numerous abs and vsc codes that appeared. Only after then was I able to do the zero-point calibration of the yaw rate/acceleration sensor.

BTW...I was using Techstream Lite. Personally I did not have success doing it with the jumper wire, but then again at that time I did not know the parking brake had to be off.

Good luck!

where did you buy the Techstream Lite? I tried using the wire methond but cannot seem to get the VSC warnling light to go off for 15 secs. I know for a fact the obd2 wire did this as I was lazy to remove the obd2 plug and when I started the vehicle up the lights started to flash as it was doing the yaw sensor calibration again. After that I started to have problems.

wow nice design flaw? a read only tool erases a yaw sensor??

good luck fixing it (not being sarcastic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back