2 types of Permatex rearview mirror adhesive

IIRC, I used the $3 more a long time ago, like 14 years ago in the suburban on the signature.
It is still holding.
The secret is in the preparation.
I sand the glass surface lightly to make sure the old glue is completely off, clean it with alcohol before using their cleaner.

Not sure on the difference.
At that time, they only have one choice.

I recently tried the pro strength and it last two weeks. Previously, the pro strength lasted a year for me. Last week, I tried the extreme. So far so good but time will tell. I think the key is, too little is better than too much.

I recently tried the pro strength and it last two weeks. Previously, the pro strength lasted a year for me. Last week, I tried the extreme. So far so good but time will tell. I think the key is, too little is better than too much.
Last time I used "too little" and it lasted a few years. This time I tried using "too much," we'll see. I did use a 3m red scuff pad to scuff both surfaces this time, so maybe that will help.

Last time I used "too little" and it lasted a few years. This time I tried using "too much," we'll see. I did use a 3m red scuff pad to scuff both surfaces this time, so maybe that will help.
I would be happy with a few years.

IIRC, I used the $3 more a long time ago, like 14 years ago in the suburban on the signature.
It is still holding.
The secret is in the preparation.

Same here. I literally left the metal part taped to the windshield for a week before I tried to use it. Been working ever since.

Back