2 Toyota 90915-YZZN1 Cut Open - 4500 miles / 30 minutes of BG EPR

fantastic,

I've seen Purolator Boss filters at my local Advance Auto Parts. They go for about 16 dollars on average where as the Fram titanium goes for $12.50, never used them before, I did see a few here and at youtube that they have great media assembly build quality with micro glass media and polymer mesh backing. The asking price is a bit high, even the K&N and Mobil 1 ones are close to 20 dollars per filter which is insane.

Just secured a case of 6 FS3600 Titanium's from a Carquest at far side of town today with a 15% advance auto discount, all wire backed with A01053 marked on them. My family garage is all set for a long time since we all run Toyotas. Need to get a new ammobox lol.

20231101_183325.jpg

Last edited:
Just secured a case of 6 FS3600 Titanium's from a Carquest at far side of town today with a 15% advance auto discount, all wire backed with A01053 marked on them.
Wow, old stock (date code is the 105th day of 2020), but they should be fine if stored in a dry environment.

Wow, old stock (date code is the 105th day of 2020), but they should be fine if stored in a dry environment.

I did check all of them individually, they still have a thin film of factory lubricant coating on the base plate and not completely dry or signs of rust. Should be fine as the ammo box they're stored in have an air tight waterproof gasket seal on around the edge of the ammo can lid with large packets of silica gel desiccant.

fantastic,

I've seen Purolator Boss filters at my local Advance Auto Parts. They go for about 16 dollars on average where as the Fram titanium goes for $12.50, never used them before, I did see a few here and at youtube that they have great media assembly build quality with micro glass media and polymer mesh backing. The asking price is a bit high, even the K&N and Mobil 1 ones are close to 20 dollars per filter which is insane.

Just secured a case of 6 FS3600 Titanium's from a Carquest at far side of town today with a 15% advance auto discount, all wire backed with A01053 marked on them. My family garage is all set for a long time since we all run Toyotas. Need to get a new ammobox lol.

View attachment 186320
Those work too & great score! Reliability is there so you win.

Looking at these oe Toyota filters I’d feel confident running a fram extra guard in their place. Though I’d much rather a tough guard for a few extra bucks and those few extra pleats.

Those work too & great score! Reliability is there so you win.
The Carquest guy did say they have more factory boxes available in the backroom depending on their date code I might get another case. I like how the discount reward program stacks up so its a win win and on top of that you get a shell gas discount.
Looking at these oe Toyota filters I’d feel confident running a fram extra guard in their place. Though I’d much rather a tough guard for a few extra bucks and those few extra pleats.
Used to run the orange cans on my old Honda, kinda funny that the dealership OEM filters have the same baseplate pattern as the extra guards, never ran them past 3000 miles at the time of ownership running conventional/blend high mileage oils.

Back