1998 crv leaking water under hood from passenger side and brown drip from from middle

Hey guys last night i parked my car and noticed water dripping on the ground from the passenger side and at the same time right up front behind license plate area theres a clear brownish drip. Both these occured last night out of no were. Will take car to mechanic tomorrow. What do you guys think this is?

Condensation
I dont think so its 85 degrees were i live and i have not ran the ac or heater or defroster in months. The brownish leak in the middle front is mind boggling as well....both clear drip and brown drip happened at the same time

It could be a bunch of things. Can you take pictures of it?

It doesn't take much AC to make a pretty big condensation puddle, but if you haven't used AC or defrost, that's probably not it. Keep in mind, some settings may automatically run the compressor.

Otherwise, it may be a heater hose. Pop the hood with the engine running and see if you can tell where the liquid is coming from.

It could be a bunch of things. Can you take pictures of it?

It doesn't take much AC to make a pretty big condensation puddle, but if you haven't used AC or defrost, that's probably not it.

Otherwise, it may be a heater hose. Pop the hood with the engine running and see if you can tell where the liquid is coming from.
Have not used heater in months. I had the crv towed to a mechanic. They will look at it tomorrow when they open. This is really confusing because on the passenger side its dripping water on the concrete and at the same time up front in the middle behind the license plate its dripping a clear light brown.
Lord knows what the mechanic will tell me tomorrow lol
The car has 129,000 miles on it

Hey guys last night i parked my car and noticed water dripping on the ground from the passenger side and at the same time right up front behind license plate area theres a clear brownish drip. Both these occured last night out of no were. Will take car to mechanic tomorrow. What do you guys think this is?
Where exactly on passenger side? 1st gen CR-Vs (or any 90s Honda really) do have water leaking issues into the cabin on passenger side floorboard, and tons of other spots too. You sure it's water and not rusty coolant? Is the drip towards the front of the engine, or closer to the firewall? We need more info.

It drips on the concrete of the parking lot under the hood passenger side of car. Not dripping inside the car but out side drips on the parking lot.

Note. I live in greece and we fill our cooling systems with mostly water. I have not used the heater, or ac or defroster since last year

Just because you don’t use the heater or air conditioner does not mean they cannot leak. Get underneath and trace it.

You need to get under the car and look. We should not have to find the leak for you.

Even without running the heater, the coolant probably runs at least most of the way through those hoses to a control valve. Without a picture though, it could be anything on a vehicle that age.

Even though you don't deal with freezing temperatures, it would probably be good to go to an antifreeze mix rather than straight water once the leak is fixed. The cooling system isn't meant to run only water and needs corrosion inhibitors and such.

Would any dash lights go off if its a cooling problem? None of my dash lights are going off and car is not over heating .
Mechanic will look at it tomorrow, i will give an update with the diagnosis

Would any dash lights go off if its a cooling problem? None of my dash lights are going off and car is not over heating .
Mechanic will look at it tomorrow, i will give an update with the diagnosis
Check engine light comes on once it overheats. But until then temp gauge is the only indication. If you fill with mostly water, then chances are that your cooling system sprung a leak. As straight water (I'm assuming tap water, not distilled water) will make the cooling components rust. That would explain the light brown color you referred to earlier. Could be something as simple as radiator cap or overflow tank leaking, or radiator and heater hoses that run by the engine to the heater core. Most common coolant leak on these CR-Vs is the small coolant hose that runs below the intake. In video below that hose is displayed @6:40 time mark.

Could be fluid running along and dropping at the low point. Look at it and note thickness, color, smell to identify it

It could be a leak from the radiator (e.g., its seam), as in the case of my identical car, in August.

I detected the problem by noticing dried-up blue stains in the engine compartment. Subsequently, I did also notice the drips on the asphalt, after parking the car. It was a very minor leak, and at no point did the engine temperature rise above typical values (I monitor this all the time) but I did have to have the radiator replaced. Does the color of the pooled liquid match the color hue of your antifreeze?

It drips on the concrete of the parking lot under the hood passenger side of car. Not dripping inside the car but out side drips on the parking lot.

Note. I live in greece and we fill our cooling systems with mostly water. I have not used the heater, or ac or defroster since last year
if its water its probably rusty, might explain brown water.

It could be a leak from the radiator (e.g., its seam), as in the case of my identical car, in August.

I detected the problem by noticing dried-up blue stains in the engine compartment. Subsequently, I did also notice the drips on the asphalt, after parking the car. It was a very minor leak, and at no point did the engine temperature rise above typical values (I monitor this all the time) but I did have to have the radiator replaced. Does the color of the pooled liquid match the color hue of your antifreeze?
Ok , mechanic found the problem and replaced the radiator. He forgot to check the ATF level at the end . I need to go back tomorroe to have them check my ATF level incase any was lost removing the old radiator

Ok , mechanic found the problem and replaced the radiator. He forgot to check the ATF level at the end . I need to go back tomorroe to have them check my ATF level incase any was lost removing the old radiator

Back