'19 VW Atlas SEL Premium

Nice shine! I've been way too busy to detail my stuff this year.
Thanks. I'm very pleased with the paint on this car. Zero swirling in 20 months, just the odd chip and nick.

Very hard. Using a Meguiar's DMF pad and Poorboy's Pro Polish, and the paint just glows. Zero marring left over.

I just debadged it and I'm getting ready to polish the glass and wipe it down.

We have an '18 SEL, been great. Thinking of doing the black Mejorada wheels when it needs tires next year.

Gorgeous for sure.

I just don't get the debadging thing, but it seems to be increasingly common among enthusiasts. I even asked a guy who had done it and I still don't get it. But I don't get blacked out wheels and trim, smoked lights and all that either. :D My soon to be son in law spent last weekend making everything chrome on his 09 Fusion black. Looks awful to me, but he's happy and it's his car.

Nice Atlas.

Gorgeous for sure.

I just don't get the debadging thing, but it seems to be increasingly common among enthusiasts. I even asked a guy who had done it and I still don't get it. But I don't get blacked out wheels and trim, smoked lights and all that either. :D My soon to be son in law spent last weekend making everything chrome on his 09 Fusion black. Looks awful to me, but he's happy and it's his car.

Nice Atlas.
It was too much junk on the back... "SEL" "V6" "4MOTION"

And I always hated the change to V6 from VR6. As a long time VW enthusiast, it offends me.

It's much cleaner back there now.

It was too much junk on the back... "SEL" "V6" "4MOTION"

And I always hated the change to V6 from VR6. As a long time VW enthusiast, it offends me.

It's much cleaner back there now.
You mean like this?
20200725_112759.jpg

Platinum gray - prob the best and most agreeable VW color.

Love the Atlas and huge fan of the VR6 - unfortunately even the 5 seater Atlas Cross Sport or whatever its called is still WAY too much car for my needs.

My only minor grip with the Atlas in my limited time riding around in VW service courtesy shuttles is they could have made the dashboard a bit less truck-ish. I overlooked the dashboard because the usual courtesy shuttle driver had a pretty heavy foot and it was a VR6 SE.

Platinum gray - prob the best and most agreeable VW color.

Love the Atlas and huge fan of the VR6 - unfortunately even the 5 seater Atlas Cross Sport or whatever its called is still WAY too much car for my needs.

My only minor grip with the Atlas in my limited time riding around in VW service courtesy shuttles is they could have made the dashboard a bit less truck-ish. I overlooked the dashboard because the usual courtesy shuttle driver had a pretty heavy foot and it was a VR6 SE.
It's a big ride, but we total five now and it is what it is.

I really like the interior. It is very functional for us. My only gripe is that I cannot have Waze actively directing me on the center screen AND view the (VW) nav map in my instrument cluster.

Back