$170 batteries from AZ, AAP, and O Reilly's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my sonata with an autozone 4/2014 battery in it. It gave up the ghost in my driveway this week.

Sams had the battery for $91, and Walmart had one for $98.

I went to walmart because Sams was closed. It ended up being a johnson controls battery with 3 year replacement.

Advance, Oreilley wanted $170 for their junk battery. I'd rather pay $98 for a junk battery.

Originally Posted By: kohnen
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
You could buy three of the $49 Valu batteries at Walmart for the same price. I’d probably go that route...

Wouldn't 36 Volts blow out the electrical system?

Not if they were placed in parallel.

Seriously - some people do this. You're effectively doing that by jumping a battery.

NOTE - nobody mentioned the warranties have changed now. No more pro-rating out to 5,6,7 years. Even for a premium battery, you get 3 year free then that's it. Supposedly it's because the new charging strategies are not as kind to the batteries.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I say that because the same EXACT battery at Federated Auto group 24f is at $104. O Reilly's group 24f is $170 for it. What a bunch of horse number #2.

And Wally World in my area has East Penn battery group 24f at $94 last I checked... If you like Wally World and the fun that ensues there.

Napa's prices are still rather reasonable for their East Penn made batteries. I think the Legend group 24f battery is $114. Way better than the big 3 parts stores. So let everyone you know just how much batteries have gone up in those 3 stores.

Just called one of the local Federated parts houses for a 24F battery. Quoted me $114 for an AC-Delco branded battery. I asked about an AGM in that group size, expecting it to be $150+ since the non-AGM was $114. Price >> $88. He said it's a DEKA Intimidator too.

Originally Posted By: troutfisher
I know this sounds silly but I just walk up the parts counter at my local dealerships,The Jeep dealership for my Cherokee and the Chevy dealership for my 1500 pickup ,got a acdelco from chevy and a mopar labeled battery from Jeep,no clue who makes them,don’t really care,all I know if they fail there going back up the on counter for a replacement,don’t have to deal with wonderful people of auto parts stores.

How many arms/legs does this cost for a bottom shelf relabeled battery?

It's really, really hard to beat the Walmart $49 battery. It still has a 1 year free replacement warranty. If it lasts one year it will likely last more than that. If you buy a new one every 2 years, you'll still come out ahead and get more fresh batteries. Chances are it will last more than 2 years if you don't abuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back