10th generation Accord debut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new (2018) Accord doesn't even enter my top 5 for looks in this class anymore...

1. Camry v6 (2018)
1B. KIA Optima 2.0T
2. Mazda 6
3. Ford Fusion 2.0T
4. Hyundai Sonata 2.0T (current or new design)
5. Impala 2.0T

Originally Posted By: merconvvv
Originally Posted By: dan_erickson
Only took an hour for the first commit about the low profile tires. You guys are slacking!!

I am sure they will be a boring base model with 16 inch wheel for you old guys.

Hahaha
old guy want it all.
I dont know for sure but do low profile tires cause more wear and tear ?
There is a balance imo.
100 percent alloy or 100 percent rubber dont look good. Imo ofcourse.

Yes. I have 18's on my Benz which is factory. So far a bent rim and 3 flat tires although two of them were from screws, one was a pothole which was part of the bent rim. No sidewall means bent rims and flat tires. Unless you live in an area that doesn't get potholes. It's just done for looks, but lots of people like the look so the car manufacturers end up catering to that aspect of the crowd and maybe it's also good for business when they come back to buy tires and rims when they get bent. But they tend to get mad about it, but by that time, it's too late.

Originally Posted By: merconvvv
[/quote]Hahaha
old guy want it all.
I dont know for sure but do low profile tires cause more wear and tear ?
There is a balance imo.
100 percent alloy or 100 percent rubber dont look good. Imo ofcourse.

Given the cost, limited tire options and mid par tire lifespan I wouldn't want anything lower than a 55R ratio tire. Only for looks but you get suckered in with tire costs and most people put cheap rubbish on them after finding out the poor lifespan of the factory low profile tires.

17"s on a car? If they have the same brakes as a heavy duty truck I can see why.

Last edited:
I’m not in love with Honda’s new grill/bumper deigns. I don’t really care for the trend toward dashes with I pads on them either.

I’m sure there will be models with smaller wheels that won’t look as good.

Overall though it is a good looking car.

Just noticed the volume knob is back for the radio.

The previous gen was a deal breaker just for that reason. It took forever to turn down the radio.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I’m not in love with Honda’s new grill/bumper deigns. I don’t really care for the trend toward dashes with I pads on them either.

I’m sure there will be models with smaller wheels that won’t look as good.

Overall though it is a good looking car.

I actually like the new front facias. The wheels could use some work IMO, there is too much going on there.

I think it's beautiful. Imagine it in bright red! And in a coupe
wink.gif

Yes the wheels could use a bit of work. not a big fan of the large sections off gloss black trend either.

Wish the manual came in something other than a Sport, suppose it is good that it survived at all, though I doubt you will find many on lots.

Wonder if the airbags are still spitting shrapnel ...

Still rather have a Jetta SE.

I was supposed to sign papers and pick a 2017 Hybrid Touring on Saturday. Almost still went through with it after seeing the exterior but it's starting to grow on me. Clearly needs the right colors and that chrome side strip to really work. Interior is a whole new level for midsize mainstream sedans though.

One needs to see this car in the flesh before making a call.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Unless you're under 30, who wants those low profile tires? I'm OK with the exterior styling, but not the choice of engines. I'm not a fan of this trend towards smaller turbocharged engines.

Under 30; don't want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back