100 miles in a new Fusion: meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few Jeep XJ's out there with 300k+ on AW4 transmissions that have driven for thousands of miles off road, with larger than stock tires, and have been under water.

Three of those cars are in the hands of sons on long-term (like until scrapped) loan.

As a passenger in a friend's Fusion, I was very impressed by the quietness, smoothness, quality interior materials and overall experience.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I picked up a new fleet Fusion SE in Columbus yesterday and drove it back to our base.
It was pretty nice, although the steering seemed too direct for interstate driving and ride quality was overly firm for what is in no way a performance car.
As compared to our '12 Accord, this is a tiny car with no rear seat room and limited width for driver and passenger.
It's also noticeably slower than our Accord although it might loosen up with use, since it had but a hundred miles on it.
The Fusion was impressively quiet.
All in all, a really decent car for the money and it remains on my list of might buys for the purchase we'll make this year.

The steering is fine, the ride is fine , size is adequate. Problem is your age.
Similar to my dad's opinion I've "ruined" the Vectra with Bilstein B6 and Eibach Pro Kit. Car was undriviable before the mod, yet he values boat like drive over nice "stiff but supple" drive.

Originally Posted By: pbm
The Fusion comes in 3 engine choices...2.5 NA, 1.5T and 2.0T.

It also comes in the 2.7L Ecoboost AWD flavor. That's one impressive car, especially with a "tune", at well into the mid 12 second range. Reasonably priced also.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: pbm
The Fusion comes in 3 engine choices...2.5 NA, 1.5T and 2.0T.

It also comes in the 2.7L Ecoboost AWD flavor. That's one impressive car, especially with a "tune", at well into the mid 12 second range. Reasonably priced also.
It also had a 1.6 turbo engine, which was very good and provided peak torque at ~2400ish RPM. They apparently went to 1.5 to please the Chinese
smirk.gif

Per Wikipedia:
Quote:
A 1.5-L version of the EcoBoost engine family was first unveiled in the 2014 Ford Fusion as a downsized version of the 1.6-L EcoBoost engine.[24] The downsized displacement is a result of Chinese vehicle tax regulations which tax vehicles with engine displacements of 1.5-L or less at lower rates. The 1.5-L EcoBoost adds new technology compared to the 1.6-L on which it is based, including an integrated exhaust manifold and a computer-controlled water pump clutch to decrease warm up time. In the 2015 Fusion, the engine produces 181 hp (135 kW; 184 PS) and 185 lb ft .

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I picked up a new fleet Fusion SE in Columbus yesterday and drove it back to our base.
It was pretty nice, although the steering seemed too direct for interstate driving and ride quality was overly firm for what is in no way a performance car.
As compared to our '12 Accord, this is a tiny car with no rear seat room and limited width for driver and passenger.
It's also noticeably slower than our Accord although it might loosen up with use, since it had but a hundred miles on it.
The Fusion was impressively quiet.
All in all, a really decent car for the money and it remains on my list of might buys for the purchase we'll make this year.

The steering is fine, the ride is fine , size is adequate. Problem is your age.
Similar to my dad's opinion I've "ruined" the Vectra with Bilstein B6 and Eibach Pro Kit. Car was undriviable before the mod, yet he values boat like drive over nice "stiff but supple" drive.

I'm surprised that you were able to find a US spec Fusion in Croatia to drive.
I can only assume this to have been the case since you could not otherwise have reached any conclusions about the driving experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back