0W16 + 0W20 = 0W18? Mixing 2 qts Castrol 0W20 with 2 qts Toyota 0W16!

Here is how you hit even better MPG. 70? 80? 100? Idk... But read this thread, then buy some 0W5 racing oil (NEO/RedLine/Driven). If it worked in VW 1.9L TDI for up to 370K miles, then your Accord Hybrid may actually be alright, considering your hypermiling driving style. Keep it at 3k-5k miles per OCI.
Eh, not quite. First, that oil was actually a 20 weight, and secondly, he ran other oils, the one before that run, Redline 5w-20, which has the HTHS of a 5w-30, lol. Prior to that, more typical viscosities. Also, the OP was a complete douche, lol.

Eh, not quite. First, that oil was actually a 20 weight, and secondly, he ran other oils, the one before that run, Redline 5w-20, which has the HTHS of a 5w-30, lol. Prior to that, more typical viscosities. Also, the OP was a complete douche, lol.

🤫🤫🤫 shhh... I'm not rich enough for such an oil experiment, and OP is somewhat open to experiments. So why not satisfy my curiosity at someone else's expense?
Jk. I'm just throwing oil to the fire out of boredom.
But if @PetitFrereArmada will one day run something thinner than 0W16, then please comeback and share results.

But if @PetitFrereArmada will one day run something thinner than 0W16, then please comeback and share results.
I don't plan to run anything thinner thaN 0w16. I just feel I have no problem mixing oil just because I want to. I do have a stash of oil now that each cost me $2 a quart. My 2020 Hybrid calls for 0W20, but the sale oil I bought is a lot of 0W16 and some 10W30.

My next oil change will be; 2 quarts 0W16 Castrol Edge, 1 quart 0W20 Castrol Edge High Mileage and 1 quart 10W30 Castrol Edge.

I bought this car brand new and I doubt mixing these oils would do anything negative to this car or reduce my hypermiling mileage that I get of 55mpg to 65mpg.

I plan to be the only owner of this car and my goal is to have this car last to over 300,000 miles on odometer. I am particularly comparing this 2020 Honda Accord to my 2008 Nissan Maxima that I bought brand new in 2008. My Maxima had the dreaded CVT transmission, but I drove it hard from day one, mixed oils in it any time I had different brands and the car lasted me 12 years and over 268,000 miles on odometer. The CVT went out on a road trip and dealership wanted $4,500 for a new CVT. Instead of fixing it, I sold the car AS IS on craigslist for $1,000. Then I went and bought my brand new 2020 Honda Accord to replace my dead 2008 Maxima.

If my very well cared for Maxima lasted over 268,000 even though I drove it very hard, I am expecting my 2020 Honda Accord to last over 300,000 miles especially as I am driving the Accord way more gentle than I ever drove my Maxima. Since I hypermile often, I basically baby this car way too much. And I barely ever use the brakes on this car. The amount of time I have stepped on the brakes of my 2020 HAH so far is about 1/3 the normal time I stepped on the brakes of my Maxima for the same amount of time. Many people say the brakes on the hybrid easily last over 100,000 miles and may even get to over 150,000 miles. I am hoping since I don't even use my brakes often, I hope they last over 150,000 miles before ever needing to be replaced.

Here is how you hit even better MPG. 70? 80? 100? Idk... But read this thread, then buy some 0W5 racing oil (NEO/RedLine/Driven). If it worked in VW 1.9L TDI for up to 370K miles, then your Accord Hybrid may actually be alright, considering your hypermiling driving style. Keep it at 3k-5k miles per OCI.
When I hypermile, which I do often, my mileage is 55mpg to 66mpg.

The only oil I will use in my car is the oil I will buy at the store for $2 a quart or less. I currently have a stash of oil of different weights that I will mix and use up and my current stash will last me 6 oil changes before I run out. By the time I run out, I hope I find some more oil deals and buy some more oil for less than $2 a quart and stash away for future oil changes.

Here is my current tank of gas. I am getting 56.3mpg after 372 miles so far on this tank of gas. I will see what my mpg will be and how many miles I will get from this tank of gas.
PSVxLbh.jpg

This is from the pennzoil website. Mobil1 web site is similar.

0W motor oil was developed to operate in today’s modern vehicle engines, which are smaller and run hotter than older engines. In order to make a 0W motor oil, synthetic base stock is typically required to meet industry and OEM specifications and therefore is available only as a synthetic motor oil.

The benefits of using the correct 0W grade motor oil for your vehicle are faster flow at start-up to reach critical engine parts, faster engine warm up and delivers better fuel economy as compared to higher viscosity grade oils.
Dude 0w20 is only for CAFE that is it. It is not designed with best protection in mind has a low HTHS of 2.6 depending on brand. I promise your engine does not heat up faster with the 20 weight. Before I drained the factory fill 0w20 it took forever for the car to come up to temp. When I filled with MOBIL 1 0w30 ESP it comes up faster due to the drag with thicker oil.

Dude 0w20 is only for CAFE that is it. When I filled with MOBIL 1 0w30 ESP it comes up faster due to the drag with thicker oil.
Dude, hands in the air, and back away from the paraphernalia.

If your statement were true, manufacturers would need neither 0w oils nor any 20wt or thinner oils. With your theory, an engine with 20w50 should be up to operating temps by the time the starter stops spinning 😵‍💫

It’s just like a courtesy flush in the bathroom, but for your engine. Gets rid of all the 💩, or something.

I’d run HPL engine cleaner or an oil with AN/Ester in my engine, though.
But wouldn’t just doing a normal oci do the same thing? I mean, isn’t that why we change oil, to get the impurities out

But wouldn’t just doing a normal oci do the same thing? I mean, isn’t that why we change oil, to get the impurities out
Yep, and that’s why you don’t see a large majority of people on here doing it. A rinse, in the minds of those it makes sense to, is probably targeting the ~15-20% of used oil that’s left behind when the oil is drained. In practice, it’s not necessary and adds cost and waste.

FWIW, I have been running a three quarts Castrol Edge 0W-16 and two quarts Castrol Edge 0W-20 mix in my Jeep Gladiator that specs 0W-20. About 2K miles into it and have not noticed any depreciable difference in running it. Plan to do a UOA at 5K miles.

Neighbor moved and had a couple of oil changes worth of both grades he gave me for free.

Back