0w-16 group forum info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Bob and friends! Forgive me if this is redundent. How ever 0w-16 is on my mind If 0w-16 has ben used since 2000 , can it be used in older engines? i tried it on my 2009 KIA spetra and the engine runs great . Will check milange soon . It loks like I will get 2.mpg more but am I ruining the engine? should I go back to 0w-20 or 5w-30 . help me you learned engineers!?

I wouldn't use it unless the engine specifically calls for it, like some of the new 2018 Toyota vehicles coming off the line. The engine runs great doesn't tell me much. Have you done side by side UOA's with the oil you used prior to 0W16? That might shed some light on just how good the oil is doing.

New member, posted with a clown emoji, saying they are using 0W-16 on a 2009 car.

Nice start, the other post is a good one too.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
New member, posted with a clown emoji, saying they are using 0W-16 on a 2009 car.

My feelings exactly, the tip off was the second post, I had some time to play. Reincarnate perhaps?

LOL

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

My feelings exactly, the tip off was the second post, I had some time to play. Reincarnate perhaps?

It could be BOF being an imposter? Wait, I'm not on vacation.......D'OH!
Any way, I can see it now. The 0W16 VS 0W20 wars are around the corner. There's about to be a lot of this emoji being displayed;
18.gif

Kia spin rod bearings with the 20 grade never mind a 16 ( which is sort of like a 20 after its been in the sump 3000 miles. I you lill the kia no skin off my shin. 2mpg gain? preposterous.

Yes post is highly suspect as reincarnate troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back