09 subaru wrx, 5w-30 amsoil hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, your driving habits are a moot point since you have the cold-hard data right there showing the oil can go longer. The Killer B pan also adds what, a whole quart? With 6 qts of this oil you should be looking to run at least double your current interval.

Again, your driving habits don't preclude extended drains, if you:

1. Use an oil that can handle it (I.e., would you shorten your interval to 1kmi if you were using something less-stout, like PYB, or is the max interval simply a mental block?)

2. You have the data to back it up - your UOA shows that this oil can put up with the type of driving you do.

To each his own, but if you're going to spend so much on oil and analyses, you might as well get your money's worth.

Originally Posted By: WrxRcr
Originally Posted By: Brons2
That's the highest TBN I have seen on used oil since I've joined this site.

Can you drain the oil into a clean bucket and send to me? I will be sure to run it another 6 or 7K miles.

Lol I should run it in my beater.

Beater? I'd run this oil in my STI for 5k more! I'll put this on my list of oils to try. Unless I see some more convincing data on RLI, I may just try this oil after my next run of Amsoil Euro 5W-30.

I may try and run this oil longer this time, I was worried about the lack of a oil cooler and the turbo oil screen still being in place.

Is Amsoil HDD "Heavy Duty Diesel" ? Is that commonly used for street racers? If so it sheared just a bit from 11.7 to 10.7 based on Amsoil figures and this analysis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back